Author Topic: RAD directory number  (Read 7317 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
RAD directory number
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »
Hi,

We have a 3300 box and I have been charged with the responsibility of maintaining it for a few weeks as the phone systems guy is away. Its new and not in service as yet and we need to put in the recordings for the queue. I have gone through the forum and got plenty of useful information about this. I have recorded 4 RAD sets (Using the administrators mailbox option 8) and created hunt groups for the same. I have allocated the required COS as well.

My only issue is that I do not know how to allocate a DN to a RAD so that I can put the DN on the ACD path.

I'm still quite new to Mitel and I hope I'm making sense with this poat. All assistance appreciated. Thanks

Steve.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: RAD directory number
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
The RAD Hunt group DN is programmed into the ACD Path Assignment form in the recording fields.

Ralph

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
Thanks Ralph.

Ok..our phone systems guy had programmed 2 greetings before he left and I can see them in the ACD paths form as Recording 1: Directory Number 989 and Recording 2: Directory Number 988. If I dial this numbers directly, I hear the recordings. I have done some more recordings which I would like to add to say Directory number 987,986 etc and add them to the path. How do I achieve this? At the moment if I dial 987, I get a message "Recorded announcement device greeting is unavailable"

Cheers!

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:30 PM »
I can never remember off the top of my head how it's done, so I wrote myself some notes.

Code: [Select]
1) Create Hunt Group. Use number in sequence with the others for ease of administration.
*Copy one of the others to use as a template. Needs to be Terminal, and RAD type.

2) Add VM unused ports as members of the Hunt Group.
*Use two ports to help prevent blocking from busy ports during high traffic periods.

3) Check Station Attributes Form and make sure the VM ports are using the RAD COS.

4) In VM Greetings form, change the VM Port Ids to be the new RAD set number.
*The others already there should give an indication of the next available number.

5) In VM RAD Greetings form, add the new Greeting number.

You should be able to record the greeting now, and direct dial the hunt group number you created to hear it. In step 2, you could probably get away with only using one port. We have a call centre with high volume peak periods, so using 2 ports was recommended to me.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:17 AM »
Thanks 

I seem to have done it exactly as per your notes but I'm still the message that the" recorded announcement device greeting is unavailable." I recorded the announcement using the admin voice mailbox, chose option8, then chose option 1 to record a greeting and saved it as recorded announcement greeting 12. Is this the same as RAD set 12? My VM port number is 993 which is a member of hunt group 987. RAD set 12 is on VM port ID 4. The VM port number (993) has COS 39 which is my RAD COS. In VM greetings form, VM port ID 4 has a greeting RAD Set 12.

Do I need to re-record the announcement greetings?

I believe I'm in the right place as I'm reasonably new to Mitel but know enough to create a mess :( so I appreciate all the assistance  I can get.

Cheers!

Steve.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »
RAD set 12 is on VM port ID 4. The VM port number (993). In VM greetings form, VM port ID 4 has a greeting RAD Set 12.

Go to the VM Ports form and check 993 is actually Port ID 4, or vice versa. It probably is if you started the numbering at 990 = port 1, etc, but it's worth making sure they are lining up. Also, are you dialling the hunt group number, or the port number to test?

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19:56 PM »
Hi - have confirmed that 993 is actually port ID 4. Have attached snips of the forms. I'm direct dialing the hunt group number to test. Do any of the forms look off to you?

Cheers!
Steve

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
Looks OK to me. Go into Station Attributes and check the COS of 993. Then look at that COS and make sure it's set up for RAD (different to normal VM COS). The Help for RADs should tell you what needs to be set.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
I would verify the rad greeting number 3 from the admin box

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 01:44:14 AM »
I finally figured it out with all your help - my VM RAD Greetings form was wrong. My saved announcements were #10, #11, #12, #13 and #14. I had them as #1, #2....etc on the form thus the message "recorded announcement device greeting is unavailable" - of course it would be. Once I changed these, my RAD's became available :)

I'm now trying to program dialing out of the queue. Currently when the call comes in, the first RAD plays "wellcome blah blah blah, press 1 for support or hold for operator" the Music on hold plays. I'm thinking I have to use the ACD Path interflow DL form? I would like to program in such that if the caller hits 1, the call is transferred to an ACD (support). Once the call is in this ACD, go round the agents and if NOT answered, the caller should be able to dial 1 again to leave a message.

My other RAD refers to an after hours message that tells the caller to press 1 to leave a message and if they require urgent support to press 2. If they press 2 the call to be forwarded to an on-call mobile phone number which will be with one of our techs always. I'm assuming this is also set up in the path interflow DL form as well? What's the best way of achieving this? My other announcements are similar with the message "press 1 to leave a message or hold for operator".

I've got MOH playing when the first RAD plays, how do I get it to play when the caller Dials out of the Q? Will it automaticall play?

I hope I'm thinking in the right direction and any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10