Author Topic: Transfering a analog handheld call.  (Read 2358 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
Transfering a analog handheld call.
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »
I have a cordless analog handset that I have plugged into an analog port on the 3300 controller.  I setup a hotdesking user for this, then created a ring group so that when our main receptionist phone rings, so does this handheld phone.  It works.

Now the lingering issue I have is when she wants to transfer a call, she hits the flash button get's dial tone and then dials the extension of the user.  The users hone rings, they pick it up but no one is there and the caller is still on hold.

How can I make this work?  If we can't transfer calls, then defeats the reason we want to use the cordless phone.

Thank you,

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
Re: Transfering a analog handheld call.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
well when you hit the flash button you should get a broken dial tone, if you are getting a normal dial tone then probably your flash timers need adjusting in your analogue circuit descriptor....I think.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
Sounds like you are putting the call on hold not doing a transfer. As suggested would check the flash timer on the single line port of the cordless phone.

Are they dialing the extension of the user and then hanging up? Does the call eventually ring back to the cordless handset?

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
would you increase the flash timer or reduce it?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
You are going to have to play with it. Many analog sets with a flash button are preprogrammed to a certain time. You need to find the time that works. Try shortening and if that doesn't work make it longer. The other thing to make sure is that "call swap" is not on in the class of service of the analog set.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10