Author Topic: Convert main/reception user to hotdesk user  (Read 1887 times)

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
Convert main/reception user to hotdesk user
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
Our current reception desk is a regular extension 100.  I would like to convert it to a hotdesk user so that when our receptionist is out, the full functionality could be moved to another employee with the same model phone.

Is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't convert?  Anything I should be aware of first?  Do the incoming lines follow the extension 100?

I just got excellent advice earlier on converting hotdesk users back to regular users, and I appreciate the advice offered by users on this forum.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Convert main/reception user to hotdesk user
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
There is no reason for not doing this. The only part to look at is what if 100 is not logged in? where do you want to deliver the calls to then.

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
Well, I guess that's the question to address.  If extension 100 is not logged in, the incoming calls just ring in the system endlessly I suppose.  Does the Mitel system require incoming calls to ring somewhere, or can I just take that risk that 100 may not be logged in.  If there is a power outage, we won't be able to accept calls until 100 logs in.  That's the tradeoff I'm looking to take, as long as Mitel system won't freeze up or something.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:16 AM »
if 100 is not logged in then calls for that number will follow its rerouting. With a normal user that is typically is their voicemail box. For reception you could route it to a mail box or night bells or whatever.

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
All worked well.  Thanks for the advice.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10