Author Topic: Convert Hotdesk user back to a Regular user  (Read 3372 times)

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
Convert Hotdesk user back to a Regular user
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »
We have both Regular and Hotdesk users in our system.  I converted a particular Regular user (let's call him Ext 203) to a Hotdesk user on a different physical phone successfully, but then decided to make that one a Regular user again on the original phone by changing the Service Type back to "User and Device" and putting back in the original MAC address.  The phone works just as it did before, but other users that had Ext 203 on a DSS/Busy Lamp now have a blinking light there.  All settings for Ext 203 are back to what they were.  The original phone was not reprogrammed.  It was just unplugged for awhile.  We can still call Ext 203 just fine, and everything works except the blinking DSS/Busy Lamp.

Is there any reason that a Hotdesk user cannot be converted back to a regular user?  How can I get the DSS/Busy Lamp to stop blinking?

Offline ccuster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Convert Hotdesk user back to a Regular user
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:20 PM »
I assume you have unprogrammed / reprogrammed the dss/busy lamps on the other phones?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:35:19 PM »
I assume you have unprogrammed / reprogrammed the dss/busy lamps on the other phones?
^^ This  ;)

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
Yes, and I just did it again to make sure.  Still blinking.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
Not sure you can't just change a hotdesk to phone but you can get some weird things happening when you do stuff where pickups and keys are involved. Would think the safest way is remove and DSS/BLF or key pickups of the extension before changing the set type. Think the hosted files in the 3300 might be corrupted now. Might have to totally delete set to fix.

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:26 AM »
LoopyLou, that makes a lot of sense.  I tested it by converting a regular user that was not monitored by any DSS lamp to a hotdesk user then back again.  Adding a DSS lamp works fine.  Thank you for setting me on the right path.  Now I have to figure out how to properly remove and extension to clean out the possibly corrupted settings.

Offline cgcmitel

• Contributer
  • Jeff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
Clearing out the set it not a problem.  I just made sure no Remote Busy Lamps were attached, deleted any physical phone extensions (with the actual phone unplugged), reconfigured the extension and all is well.  Thank you for the assistance.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 08:35:44 AM »
Another point to remember is if you make sets resilient the best way to do it is make the set resilient without keys then add the keys appearances. Again have seen some really strange things happen when making sets resilient that already have keys.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10