Author Topic: UCA & Smartphone Question  (Read 3035 times)

Offline joshua.torres85

• View Profile
UCA & Smartphone Question
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
We are having issues with our softphones and UCA app - PLEASE HELP!!! ???

1. Our voice subnet is 10.x, our LAN subnet is 102.x - We have full traffic both ways. When we are on our data LAN, 102.x, we can make a softphone call to an internal extension with no issue but with only one-way audio. The person can hear me but I cannot hear them at all.

Again, we have opened ALL ports on our firewall to pass traffic to and from.

If I connect to the voice LAN, 10.x, I can make the softphone call with full audio - no issues.

2.Our UCA mobile will connect externally/remotely with no problem from our phones but our laptops cannot connect externally/remotely.

Laptops resolve correct external IP address and I can login through web service to the external site but cannot get the UCA desktop app to login. Continues to tell me its offline.

For reference we are using a 3300ICP/MCD

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: UCA & Smartphone Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:48:05 PM »
For point 1 you have a routing issue, or there is an ACL that is filtering traffic in place between the subnets. Generally you wouldn't have a firewall in between two internal subnets. Highly doubt it would be the ACL option though as otherwise you would probably get no RTP traffic at all.

For point two, Are you connecting in from the outside world via a MBG server? If not, you should be, but if you run the TNA tool against your public IP address you should be able to see which ports aren't open that need to be on the MBG.

Offline joshua.torres85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
Where can I get the TNA tool?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
Log in to the MBG server and then go to MBG -> Status -> File Transfers. There is a button to download the TNA from there.

Offline joshua.torres85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »
I have attached the results.

The pic on the left is the internal connection - on same subnet as 3300. The one on the right is external using mobile tethering.

Being that this is a teleworker app - which ports are needed for UCA and MGP?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Internally is that to the MBG or to the UCA? You don't need to go via the MBG to UCA for internal traffic. The MBG is only used for proxying traffic from outside in.
What options are selected on the MBG server under remote proxy services?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:51 AM »
Did you define both networks in the setup. Typically you need to go into server manager and put both networks in the local network area.

Keep in mind that in VoIP, once a call is setup between your softphone and an internal extension, voice packets stream from the IP of your laptop ( or PC ) directly to the IP ( the UCA server is not involved ). If you are getting one way audio then you have routing issues between the voice and data network. As you said it works if you are directly on the voice network.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10