Author Topic: Issue with New 3300 MCD Install  (Read 1734 times)

Offline joshua.torres85

• View Profile
Issue with New 3300 MCD Install
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:06:34 PM »
Hello All-

We have a new install of a Mitel 3300 and a question:

5 users have "Hot Desk/Twinning" installed on there phone, I don't log in or out like I have read from some previous posts.....How exactly can I enable and disable this feature?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Issue with New 3300 MCD Install
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:38:29 AM »
I assume that you've setup a Hotdesk user with an external destination also. That should mean if you login as Hotdesk user on a deskphone the EHDU destination is inactive. Logging out of the deskphone should activate the EHDU user, but you must have EHDU user always logged in in the COS set to YES.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Issue with New 3300 MCD Install
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
Hot desking and twinning are two different things. Hotdesk is allowing a user to log on any free phone and their personality is downloaded to the phone i.e their key appearances and any speed dials they setup. Twinning is having multiple devices ring when a prime number is called. This is accomplished through a personal ring group. The ring group contains the extensions that will ring when the main number of the group is dialed. If you want a cell phone included you need an External Hot Desk User license.

Anyway to the question any set which is setup to accept a hotdesk user will have a "login" button. You push that, enter your extension number and then a pin number ( for security ). Once that is done the phone will be "yours". If your number is also the main number of the ring group then all members will ring when someone calls you.

Note if you are logged out then calls typically will follow your forwarding or call rerouting.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10