Author Topic: directing calls from certain number  (Read 2304 times)

Offline ecion

• View Profile
directing calls from certain number
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
Hi all,
We have a Mitel 3300, and have a menu system set up where users can choose to go to different departments.
such as Welcome to ABC, press 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.

We want to have a separate number that goes directly to one group by-passing the menu completely. How are we best achieving this? I assume we'd need a separate incoming line with a different phone number, but I'm not sure how A) we connect a new line the Mitel 3300 switch, and B) configure that line to go to a certain hunt group.

Best Regards

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: directing calls from certain number
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »
This should be possible without much of an issues, but how you implement will depend on your trunking... if you are using PRI or SIP, you will need to get a new DID number (or use an unused one) and add it to the System Speed Call table and send it to the destination (Hunt Group, Ring Group, etc) you wish. If your trunking is analog, then you will need to get a new line(s) and setup a new Trunk Attributes and set the destination accordingly.

EDIT: added missing words to clarify statement
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:39:33 PM by acejavelin »

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
This should be possible without much of an issues, but how you implement will depend on your trunking... if you are using PRI or SIP, you will need to get a new (or use an unused one) and add it to the System Speed Call table and send it to the destination (Hunt Group, Ring Group, etc) you wish. If your trunking is analog, then you will need to get a new line(s) and setup a new Trunk Attributes and set the destination accordingly.

You should not need a new PRI but new DID on the PRI then using your system speed calls point the incoming number to where ever you would like. Samething with analog you could potential split your analog trunks into 2 separate groups and do the same thing. That is of course your are not at capacity right now.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
This should be possible without much of an issues, but how you implement will depend on your trunking... if you are using PRI or SIP, you will need to get a new (or use an unused one) and add it to the System Speed Call table and send it to the destination (Hunt Group, Ring Group, etc) you wish. If your trunking is analog, then you will need to get a new line(s) and setup a new Trunk Attributes and set the destination accordingly.

You should not need a new PRI but new DID on the PRI then using your system speed calls point the incoming number to where ever you would like. Samething with analog you could potential split your analog trunks into 2 separate groups and do the same thing. That is of course your are not at capacity right now.
Oops, my bad, that is what I meant, a new number and NOT a new PRI circuit... think my brain got to far ahead of my fingers!  ;D Fixed posting!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10