Author Topic: UC Express  (Read 2698 times)

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UC Express
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
Two questions
1. has the dial highlighted option with UC Express ever worked with outlook?  it works on internet pages but not in outlook.
2. Has anyone used a product that allows you to highlight a set of numbers and dial from the PC instead of hitting the dial highlighted button.  Does Mitel plan to upgrade UC express to allow this option.  its similar to what Skype allows you to do.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: UC Express
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
1) Dial Highlighted does not work, and was never intended to work, within Outlook...

From http://www.unifiedcommunicatorexpress.com/Faq.php page:
How can I dial from Outlook?
Instead of dialing through Outlook, what IOC (and UCExpress) actually does is allow you to search your Outlook contacts and select the number you wish to dial.

To enable the searching of your Outlook contacts, left click on the search button (the one that looks like the heads) and select "Search Outlook Contacts" from the menu - the little Outlook "head" should turn on.

You can now type in the first, last and/or company of the contact you're searching for.  A menu of matches will appear from which you can select your contact's number to dial.

2a) Not from Outlook, Mitel's UCA, Broadsoft's Enterprise Assistant, and ESI's VIP doesn't do this either (all search Outlook contacts).

2b) Not that I am aware of, Mitel just uses UC Express as a teaser for UCA, although for some customers it is sufficient in itself so Mitel has little incentive to update it as long as it works reasonably well with current software.

2c) I am not familiar with Skype
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:40:43 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10