Author Topic: Traffic Congestion Report  (Read 8734 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Traffic Congestion Report
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:34 AM »
3300 release level 5.0
This issue has been intermittent for some time now and has been escalated to Mitel but I'm getting nowhere. This one particular site that has a PRI along with our call center has the following issue. This has never happened during the day only at night when the system is in night mode if you call the main number you will get a busy signal and the only way to fix this is go into the controller run a busy xnet all cmd then rts xnet all cmd. We've had the phone provider run multiple test on their equipment and come out on site to check physical connections all is good. I've gone through multiple steps with our phone vendor including just replacing the pbx with no luck. The thought was our network was getting full at some point but we have a 50 MB pipe and we've run wireshark on top of all our other network monitoring tools and found nothing out of the ordinary. The following error is what I always receive on this PBX it's not always the same message. Has anyone ever come across this before or have any other ideas? thanks for any input.

TRAFFIC CONGESTION REPORT FROM 06 : 36 TO 10 : 40 No trunks available : (Route ID # : Total) 08 : 19 , 11 : 11 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic Congestion Report
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »
The Traffic Congestion log is telling you that all trunks are busy between x:xx time and y:yy time on route 8.

In night mode, do calls to go a remote site and then back out locally to an external number?
I'd suspect that incoming calls are getting transferred back out (to an answering service maybe?) and the trunks aren't releasing.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
or masbe you split trunks into I/C and O/G and the I/C are being used....

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
Ralph,

When calls come into the PRI at location A I actually have them routing right over to locations B embedded vm we do this because all our vm is pointed at location's B PBX. So when the system is in night mode customers do have options to get routed out to say audio banking or get transferred to lost or stolen xcard. I also suspected the trunks aren't releasing our phone vendor said they were. How do I t-shoot this on my own any thoughts? This seems to be the most logical answer but I have no way of testing. For x-man's comment I don't know what that means splitting trunks into I/C and O/G...can you explain a little more on what your referring to?

Thanks!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
What kind of trunks do you have?

PRI?  Copper?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »
PRI.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
Next time it happens,
Stat your PRI trunk group.  "stat tru g <trunk group"
Or stat the PLID of your PRI "stat <PLID>"
Write down the circ's that are busy.
Then enter "reso <plid of busy pri channel>"   Example: if channel 1 of your PRI is busy and your PRI PLID is 12-1-2-1 enter "reso 12 1 2 1 1"
This will show you what the circ it tied to.   If it's another PRI channel they you have to figure out how that's getting connected.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
Ralph,

I ran these commands just to see what they look like/do and I receive the following output.

So I know where the top PLID is obviously is the other circuit location (Circuit: MC12XXX IP Line at location  1  3  1 15  1     ) then telco? Or would that be another internal circuit? 

Circuit: MC27XXX Universal T1 at location  6  1  3  1  4                       
Call Process: 2 042F                    Device Type: Universal T1               
Call State: Talking                     Party Type: Originator                 
Receive Link:  21   Channel:  2         Transmit Link:  21   Channel:  2       

>>>>> Other Party for Call Process 2 042F                                       
Circuit: MC12XXX IP Line at location  1  3  1 15  1                             
Call Process: 5 042B                    Device Type: 5330 IP                   
Call State: Talking                     Party Type: Terminator                 
Receive Link: 195   Channel:  6         Transmit Link: 195   Channel:  6   

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
the system just went down when I ran those commands I received the following 6 1  3   1 22| Universal T1         |Idle           |         |      |         all of the trunks in the PRI were Idle...when I run the command state xnet ICP 1 IP I receive the following..1 1 11   2   |    33|    1 |   851    |Busy          |Call Proc|1 010B|Wait    all the xnet trunks are busy.

Thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 05:25:48 AM »
Just that trunks can be incoming only, outgoing only or both way. Some people split their trunks so there is always a possibilty (given the total amount of trunks) to make a call out or a call in. So all trunks cannot be busied by incoming calls for instance.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 06:11:38 AM »
I don't think there is a way to do a reso on xnet trunks so we'll have to do something else here.
Be sure that SMDR is turned on in all COS and enabled in the SMDR form.
Then next time you busy out the trunks do this  command:  "logs re smdr new 30"  and post it here.  (X out any caller ID info)

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10