Author Topic: DND tells callers you are on the phone. How to change this?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline richdaniels

• Contributer
    • View Profile
DND tells callers you are on the phone. How to change this?
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »
When you set your phone to DND it sends the call to message stating you are on the phone. How do we change this so that it gives you the general voicemail?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DND tells callers you are on the phone. How to change this?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
This is accomplished on a per mailbox basis via the Administrator's mailbox and technician codes.

If you search the help, it should give you a list of these.

I believe you'd want to set the Busy option to number 5.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Sent you a PM with details.

Ralph

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
There is no form for this? In the help file, it shows the busy options table and says that 5 is "N/A". All of the other options indicate that it will give some permutation of option 0, except for 5.

Greeting Option
 Plays...

(default)
 the following fixed system message in both the primary and alternate languages if Bilingual operation is enabled; otherwise in the primary language only:

"I'm sorry..." followed by the mailbox user's name (as recorded by the owner), then "...is currently on the phone"

followed by,

the fixed system prompt, "Begin speaking after the tone, then hang-up when you are finished or press any key for further options."

the same greeting as Option 0. (Option 1 exists only to provide backward compatibility with earlier versions of the embedded voice mail application.)

the fixed system prompt as per Option 1, followed by silence.

the fixed system message, "I'm sorry, the person you are calling is currently on the phone." followed by the fixed system prompt, "Begin speaking after the tone, then hang-up when you are finished or press any key for further options."

the fixed system message, "I'm sorry, the person you are calling is currently on the phone." followed by silence.

N/A

Can someone confirm that setting this to option 5 would give the caller the mailbox user's standard VM greeting?

Thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10