Author Topic: Error logs because of FANS  (Read 3666 times)

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
Error logs because of FANS
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

We have a 3300 MXE that was giving a error of a failing FAN (number 2 to be exact). We have checked the system and this FAN was indeed not working. We have replaced both of them, but since we have done this, we keep getting errors. FAN 1 is according to the logs from the beginning not running and FAN 2 (according to the logs) comes up sometimes and stops again.

We have checked the system physically, but the FANS are working fine, without stopping. It looks like the system gets this errors, while they are working fine.

Anyone any ideas? We have rebooted the system, but this has not made any difference.

We have replaced the FANS with PART NR 50006510.

Thanks in advance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Error logs because of FANS
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:50:43 AM »
Interesting... I had a MXeIII primary cluster element running MCD4.2-SP2 that started this a couple days ago, showing FAN2 Starting and stopping every few minutes, yet it appears to be working according to the customer but I haven't had time to go onsite and check it, was going to do it next week.

When you replaced the fans did you make sure the pins lined up correctly and that they were on all the way? Did you power down to replace the phones or replace them "hot"? In theory, you shouldn't have to, all the fans are is standard PC cooling fans using 12VDC and a clock lead so you should be able to do it hot but maybe a full power off/on would help.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 04:06:31 AM »
We have replaced them without powering the system down "hot" as indeed it is 12 VDC. I didnĀ“t think this should be a problem.

We will get in touch with the costumer to see if we can shutdown the system for a couple of minutes. Hopefully that we can do it this week.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:43:31 PM »
Today we have done a fully shutdown of the system. After the system fully started it started we could see, that it has not made any difference. The issue still there.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
They Mitel fans?

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:18:02 AM »
Yes, they are.

This is the part number 50006510.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
It seems that the part number above is only for the CX systems. We have replaced them by Product ID 50005683 and it is working fine now.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10