Author Topic: 3300 ICP account recovery.  (Read 1968 times)

Offline robbo0_10

• View Profile
3300 ICP account recovery.
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
Hello and Good Afternoon. (well it is where I am  :))

I have recently become involved with the Mitel 3300 ICP's at three of our sites. I do low level stuff like resetting mailbox pin's, mapping ddi's etc.
The problem I have is that we had to have an engineer out to replace the E1 interface in one of our ICP's. We cannot now logon to the ICP.

Having spoken to the engineer involved and have got the "nope I've not changed anything" response I'm kind of stuck. I've tried the default logins to no avail. The main problem is that the ICP is a 2.5hr drive away so I'm hoping I can do something remotely. It's running V11 software if that helps.

I've seen various posts around varying from needing to be serially connected to a full re-install!!!! I hope this isn't needed.
I realise that you wouldn't want to post this sort of information on an open forum, but i'm quite happy to be contacted by email.

I've had a look around using the search function but couldn't fine a categoric answer, so sorry if this has already been discussed/published, it's my poor searching to blame.

Thanks In Advance

Andy.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 ICP account recovery.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
You won't have to do a full re-install but you will have to be connected somehow to the serial port on the front of the system.

However, I have seen where the system will not let you log in even though you know the PW is correct.
Try a telnet session to it, use a user name of "installer" and password of "sx2000" then go to maintenance.
Enter "prog re sched <tomorrow> 2:15"   tomorrow = Wed
Then enter "prog re on"
Let the system reboot overnight and try again.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 3300 ICP account recovery.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
look in the help files for system security management. You will need serial connection tot he 3300 to reset the passwords.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10