Author Topic: SX2000 - external calls dropping after 45mins, COS?  (Read 2289 times)

Offline martynh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SX2000 - external calls dropping after 45mins, COS?
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »
Hi All,

Im a complete noob to the world of telephony, I work as IT local Support for my company and have recently been given the job of also providing support to our telephone system thanks to retirement and redundancy.

My issue is that we have an a user whos external calls get dropped after 45 minutes, only external calls are effected, this haslead me to believe that it is a COS or COR issue.
I have looked at the extension in the Moves, Adds and Changes editor and the COS is showing 12 across all 3 options and COR is showing as 4 across 3 options.

What do these numbers mean? Are they generic settings, if so where can I find out what they mean?

Am I even in the right part of the system? I feel more comfortable in Ops Manager with it's GUI rather than using System Management and entering in (abbreviated) text.

Thanks in advance and sorrty if Im a bit vague!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: SX2000 - external calls dropping after 45mins, COS?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
Each COS is defined by the programmer based on the options he/she wants set up for phones using that COS.
So a COS of 12 doesn't mean anything to anyone else in the world.

If from the main menu you hit <esc>then '2' and then enter "Class of Service" it will bring up the form.  Enter '12' and hit <esc>then '1' to recall the info for COS 12.

What I would do in your case is look up the COS of a known good phone and then give the phone with the issue the same COS.

Ralph

Offline martynh

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:08:35 AM »
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply, this was my preferred option but it's good to know how to view what each number option equals, unfortunatley my handover was only 9 working days long and on a site with 1800 users and phones a lot of things didn't get covered.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:18 PM »
COS is what features the sets ( and trunks ) have access to .
COR is where they can dial. Don't know of anything in COR that would time out a call. Therefore would check on the COS of the sets and as ralph says check a set that doesn't have the issue with the one having the issue. Can't remember if the 2K has a length of call timer or not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10