Author Topic: Mitel 200ICP voicemail problem  (Read 4158 times)

Offline URTEK

• View Profile
Mitel 200ICP voicemail problem
« on: December 14, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
I have a Mitel 200 ICP/voicemail question. System is 200 ICP with COV voicemail integration. Problem is 2 extensions are forwarded to voicemail do not get to the appropriate mailbox. Calls transferred to these extensions go to voicemail, but land at a "prompt" asking for the mailbox number, like you want to log into check messages. I have verified that these extensions have valid/setup mailboxes. I'm working with the voicemail folks on their end as well. It seems to me that there is no "voicemail extension ID code" telling the voicemail where to send these calls, so they just get dumped. Is there an "extension ID code" setup procedure with a 200 ICP? I know several other systems I work on need to be coded manually, but I don't recall having this problem on an ICP before. Thanks for your help!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 200ICP voicemail problem
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
If it's COV, the voicemail should be seeing $FROM XXX or something similar.

Offline URTEK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »
Can you tell me where to look for the voicemail ID code setup? I don't know/can't remember where to start on this. There are 150 plus extensions that work properly. I should be able to look at them and copy the setup for the ones that don't work etc.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »
There isn't any id setting for COV, it should just work. You would need to plug in a ss4 on the port to verify the vm is getting the correct info

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
I would delete the mailboxes in question and rebuild them, making sure to populate the "Extension" field correctly... also make sure that these sets don't have some kind of COS option to block their internal Caller ID information (I don't remember the exact options in the 200), that is essentially how COV Voicemail works, when a call comes into the VM the system looks at the out-of-band information that would be sent to COV set's display and uses that to associate it with a mailbox's extension. If the system can't get the Caller ID information for that extension (ie. it's Private or hidden some way), or doesn't have a mailbox with that extension associated with it, it usually just drops it into the "Message Center" (or whatever that system's default application is).

There is actually a way to modify certain revisions of Superset 4 to be able to bridge onto a COV VM port so you can see what the Mitel is sending the VM system... it involves opening the set and cutting a pin on a chip if I remember correctly... brings back memories, good times, good times!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10