Author Topic: Invalid number when trying to "Forward Always" to an abbreviated dial #  (Read 10821 times)

Offline awipf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I can't forward extensions to abbreviated dial for some reason.
I have disabled COS optoin 200
I have enabled COS option 245
I have enabled COS option 208
I have enabled system option 21

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid number when trying to "Forward Always" to an abbreviated dial #
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »
Speed dial is considered external. oops misread

What condition? How are 206, 207 and 209 set?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:15:30 PM by johnp »

Offline awipf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
All enabled.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Are you trying from the console? Is it a specific speed dial or all? Also is the number in the bin internal or external?

Offline awipf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
I am setting up forwarding from a sub console, forwarding to other extension (ie the voicemail hunt group) works.
I am forwarding phantom extensions in a phantom bay and so far no number that I have tried works.
I am not sure I understand what you are asking when you say "the number in the bin" but the number that the abbreviated dial is calling is an external number. They are either tie lines or outside numbers.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
From what I gather, you are saying that you can forward always the phantom extension to an internal extension or hunt group. Have you tried forward always to a speed dial bin (i.e. index number 000-999) that contains an internal value (i.e. an extension or hunt group)?

Offline awipf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:50:52 AM »
I cannot enter any abbreviated dial code.
Abbreviated dial code is 12 and it lets me enter the 1 but as soon as I hit 2 I get the "Invalid Number" message.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
The only thing I can think is there is some conflict dialing with he feature code

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »
This might help... it's from the Tech's handbook, note that COS Option 208 must be enabled in the CALLERS COS as well, whether it is a station or a trunk! Meaning if x100 calls x101 which is forwarded externally, x100 must have 208 enabled in it's COS. Same goes for trunks, if a DID caller calls x101 which is forwarded externally, the DID trunk's COS must have 208 enabled as well.

Programming Call Forwarding - External
Call Forwarding - External forwards calls to an external destination by using a personal speed call key, system abbreviated dial number, or a key system personal speedcall.

Call Forwarding - External requires a receiver for dialing. If one is not available in Call Forward - Don’t Answer, forwarding is ignored. If one is not available during a reroute, the caller is dropped or given reorder tone.

1. Program the following COS options in the extension’s COS:
- Enable COS Option 245 (Abbreviated Dialing Access).
- Enable COS Option 208 (Call Forwarding External).
 * Note: The device which is calling the destination that is an external call forward must have COS Option 208, Call Forward External, enabled.
 * Note: Check for split forwarding COS 260 and COS 709.
- Disable COS Option 200 (Account Code, Forced Entry - External Calls) to allow call forwarding to system abbreviated dial numbers.

2. Enable System Option 21 (Incoming to Outgoing Call Forward) for a trunk or party with a single party trunk on hold to forward externally.

3. Program a feature access code for Feature Access Code 03 (Call Forwarding - All Calls).

4. Form 30 (Device Interconnection Table) specifies which devices can be connected together. For external call forwarding that involves two trunks, verify that they can be connected together.

Toll Control applies to the calling party for Call Forwarding - External to personal speed call keys or to key system personal speedcalls.

Toll Control does not apply when forwarding to system abbreviated dial external numbers.

Toll Control does not apply to CO trunks which are externally call forwarded.

The forwarding destination is the current stored speedcall key number, personal abbreviated dial number, or system abbreviated dial number.

Note: On a Call Forward - Busy or Call Forward - Always call, the COS of the caller (trunk or extension) is checked. Keep this in mind when transferring calls to a phone which is externally Call Forwarded.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:09:21 PM by acejavelin »

Offline awipf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 02:35:12 PM »
Finally had time to circle back on this. I found out that if you are using a sub-attendant phone to set up the forwarding, which you have to do for phantom extensions, the COS that the sub-attendant is in has to have all the appropriate COS options enabled and disabled even if the extensions that are being forwarded are in a different COS that has all the right settings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10