Author Topic: 3300 CXi and sipgate (over WAN port?) / no internet access.  (Read 8752 times)

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 CXi and sipgate (over WAN port?) / no internet access.
« on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
Dear all,
Has anyone had any luck configuring a Voip provider (Sipgate trunk) on this system. I have tried the Technician guide V7.0, other guides and all permutations I can think of, and it never registers correctly. Also no internet access from any PC connected to the switch ports, port17 or otherwise. I assume they will be related.
Setup:
V9 software
all 5020 IP phones connected to ports 10, 11,12,15,16 (they work internally fine).
DHCP enabled. 192.168.1 range, Gateway 192.168.1.254
WAN port connected to my PC LAN, with the PC LAN ADSL router DHCP enabled. Different subnet setting to Mitel unit.

I would like to keep the PC LAN and the Mitel LAN seperate if possible. Just pick up an internet connection for the Mitel unit for the 2 SIP trunks.
Is this a correct connection setup here?.

Any guide documents or pointers/summary setup appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 3300 CXi and sipgate (over WAN port?) / no internet access.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »
you need to set up the WAN port correctly. See the help files under WAN settings. This will then give you access to the SIP trunking provider and the internet. You may also have to do some port forwarding as well to get it all to work. You SIP provider ahould provide you with settings for your SIP gateway....

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback,
I have setup the WAN gateway and it is being assigned an address by the PC LAN router, as i can see it from the WAN configuration form.
I have also set up the sipgate trunk and proxy as network elements, then SIP peer settings. Still no joy. Critical error showing Trunk not registered is still there.
I alsi have no internet access from the 3300 internal switch when i plug a PC in. So i assume it's related.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
Yes, you need a route to get from the WAN interface to the Mitel LAN then. I think you do this with IP routing on the CXi. There are examples of this in the technicians  handbook I believe. I think you set up the system gateway address with an internal (Mitel LAN) address and then the router in the CXi sends the packets to the WAN gateway....Really once you have internet access it should all work. I've come to the limit of my knowledge here though , sorry.

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »
Thanks for your help.
Apparently you cannot use SIP trunks over the WAN port.  >:( So I moved the PC LAN connection to port 17 (gigabit port). Which seems pretty senseless to me. Isn't that what a WAN port is for- to gain access to the internet. Would have been nice to have that info in the configuration screen or something. Anyway..
I have the incoming calls working now.  ;D. Just cannot dial out. The phones show 'Access Denied' after dialling last digit. Still cant resolve that one yet. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to post  :P

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
Make sure  'Public Network Access via DPNSS ' is allowed in COS of phones or anything that can make calls over the SIP trunks. Other than that its going to be an ARS issue.

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
Checked the COS, 'Public Network Access via DPNSS' is allowed on all COS entries.
Just double checked everything again. Still cant see anything wrong. Any hints before I delete the SIP trunks, routes etc and start again.  :-[

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
Nope, sorry the only thing I can think of is ARS incorrect. Set up a speedial and let it override ARS and see if it gets out.

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »
Tried setting a speedial and with toll override - no luck. All COR are now blank just to try it. I still get Access Denied.
Will I get the same Acess Denied message if the VOIP provider is blocking/ refusing the outgoing call. Incoming calls now work fine.
Maint log info:
Maintenance
Log Number:    4405
Severity:          Warning
Date:                2012/Dec/15
Time:               12:30:47
Source:            SIP_SSM_APP
Description:    Authentication failure - 403 received Recent failure count 1 in last 0 seconds Total failure count 4 Type of call : Outgoing Route 1 Link Sipgate From 192.168.1.2 To Sipgate 
Module:           Main
File Name and Line Number:    Maintenance;0

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »
GOT IT!  ;D
Simply blank use the 'Use proxy' setting in the SIP peer profile for SIPGATE.
That will teach me for following the SIP trunk providers guide/settings!

Thanks X-man for your time. I'm sure its frustrating helping a relative novice!

If anyone would like to know how to set up Sipgate please get in touch.
The ports are:
SIP PEER transport &port:                  UDP 5060
External SIP proxy FQDN:                   sipgate.co.uk
External SIP proxy transport &port:   UDP 5060
SIP registrar transport:                      sipgate.co.uk
SIP registrar transport&port:             UDP 5004
Please note the last port Number!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
I was writing this whilst you posted....

"Yup, looks like a failure with the SIP provider or you have not set the proxy up correctly because your lines are not authenticating for o/g calls. I would go through your SIP setup with a fine tooth comb because its probably something not set right on your end if you can make i/c calls OK. Have you got the full number set in the SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID and the correct number set ic Calling Line ID?

Check you have authentication needed where its needed and not where its not. Sorry don't have setup for sipgate here, have you looked on the knowledge base for setup instructions..."

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10