Author Topic: Attempt to update telephone directory error with no matching records  (Read 6485 times)

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.  Got an interesting problem. Recently installed 3300 running MCD 4.2.  Customer tries to update the telephone directory and it fails with error message "no matching records found".  Actually, I found out that only the first page of the telephone directory the customer can update, its the all the rest of the names (pages 2-5) don't work.  I had them reboot the system late and night, and still the problem continues.  Any ideas?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Attempt to update telephone directory error with no matching records
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
In maintenance commands enter "dbms check full" to see if it reports database errors.

Ralph

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
The system is probably stuck on one entry and can't surge further. You might be able to use >> to go to the end and step back page by page. Try to export the Tel.Dir del all records and import the same again. If there is an entry it doesn't like it will report that one.

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:06:14 AM »
Thanks for the quick answers back!   I had the customer run DBMS check full...came back no errors.  I had them export and them import the telephone directory and the import failed with (all records after the first page) the error "the record is not found".   At this point I am thinking about having them just delete the telephone directory and add them back in. 

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »
That might not do the trick. Export the Tel. Dir then add or change the comment field in the cluster element page. after that import the Tel.Dir and you're good to go.

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
This PBX is not a member of a cluster....so all the records under the telephone directory are shown as local. I had the customer try to delete a few records and the PBX gave some error message. I'm ready to delete all the phones and start over!  This is weird.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
Just this AM I discovered something that may be related.
We had to restore a DB to a new controller and had what appears to be the exact same error.
What we discovered was that when the tech enabled the licenses he did not enable "Networking".
That caused the issue.

Ralph

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »
Any switch after 4.0 GDM mode uses GUID to identify users. This is stored in a separate database and the ESM database communicates with the second one and if that is out of sync you can get these messages. Mitel is adding maintenance commands to check and repair faults from 6.0 onwards, till that time make a change in the comment field of the cluster programming and you will see records being reconciled in the maintenance log.

Offline mitelrocks

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »
Hi Ralph...I checked the 3300 and verified that under licenses the option "Networking" is enabled.   

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 03:56:21 AM »
Material for 6.0 was released the other day, and I think that it is due for public release around the middle of January.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10