Author Topic: CXi POE L2 problems  (Read 2067 times)

Offline washo

• View Profile
CXi POE L2 problems
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
Hi Guys,

I had a power faliure on a CXi & in the replacement CXi, I installed all the original relevant cards etc ( sys ID, HD & BRI Quad)

The CXi powered up with no alarms but had no power to the L2.

When viewing via main port, is says MIPS not up, L2 processor restting (something along this)

I have checked the status of the ports, they are enabled & the L2 has an IP address.

I have entered UpgradeBootrom All command but with no joy.

Thinking there was a problem with the hardware side of the replacement CXi, I have since installed all of the cards above into a BRAND new CXi but have exactly the same problem.

I decided that even though the original HD was showing as being healthy, I might as well format & reload software & database.

So the original HD has had the software reinstalled & the database restored.....and I still have the same problem.

The software running is 7.1.

I feel that there must be something that I forgot or I have done wrong...

Please can someone put me out of my misery

Any advise is welcome

regards

Washo

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: CXi POE L2 problems
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:21:32 AM »
If you did a fresh software load and the embedded switch isn't there, it is almost certainly a hardware issue. There is no additional configuration needed to make it work, although you should assign the switch an IP address I don't think it is required. Sorry if my memory is foggy on this, we don't use the CXi anymore because we have had too many L2 switch failures in the past taking down both the data and phones when the "phone" system goes down so we only use external PoE switches now.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: CXi POE L2 problems
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
IIRC if you don't assign an IP address to the L2 switch on a CXi then it doesn' work for traffic or PoE. It needs a reboot if you have to assign it an address as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10