Author Topic: Newbie Question about Functionality  (Read 5803 times)

Offline Andrew W

• View Profile
Newbie Question about Functionality
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to our Mitel and have a questions about functionality. I would like to set up what I thought would be a relatively common flow:
1) Have an auto-attendant provide the first level of options.
2) If certain options are called, have the user put on hold and notify the appropriate phones that there is a call waiting.
3) If the call is not picked up, time out and divert to a new auto-attendant that gives the caller the option to continue to hold, to leave a message or transfer to an operator.

Our supplier didn't seem to think this was possible until I pointed out that Park and Page mailboxes seemed to do what I wanted. Our supplier advised that this is possible but the extra license called Embedded Voice Mail PMS, which will be quite an additional $$.

Can anyone advise if using a Park and Page mailbox is how they would approach setting up the functionality described above?

Any help is most appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Newbie Question about Functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to our Mitel and have a questions about functionality. I would like to set up what I thought would be a relatively common flow:
1) Have an auto-attendant provide the first level of options.
2) If certain options are called, have the user put on hold and notify the appropriate phones that there is a call waiting.
3) If the call is not picked up, time out and divert to a new auto-attendant that gives the caller the option to continue to hold, to leave a message or transfer to an operator.

Our supplier didn't seem to think this was possible until I pointed out that Park and Page mailboxes seemed to do what I wanted. Our supplier advised that this is possible but the extra license called Embedded Voice Mail PMS, which will be quite an additional $$.

Can anyone advise if using a Park and Page mailbox is how they would approach setting up the functionality described above?

Any help is most appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew
Unless I am missing something, you need to find another vendor because this one is either just trying to screw you for money, or legitimately have no idea what they are doing... I do not see how enabling Embedded VM PMS would do you ANY good at all, that license it to enable integration between the voice mail system and a hospitality Property Management System (ie. a Hotel management system like Encore, Micros, Autoclerk, NiteVision, etc) to allow room phone's mailboxes to be checked in/out, names inserted automatically at checkin to the dial by name directory, and a few other miscellaneous hospitality features.

That being said, what do you mean by "notify"? To me that means ringing the phone, and if that is case what you are looking for is very simple and should not be difficult to accomplish, although the auto-attendant in the embedded voice mail of the 3300 is very limited and there any many things it cannot do, for the most part it is nothing but a glorified answering machine.

When exactly are trying to accomplish, can you give a more detailed explanation and a cradle to grave call flow of a sample call?

Offline Andrew W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »
Thanks for the quick response - I'm glad I'm not nuts!

Yes, by notify I just meant call the phones of a particular group of staff. I only said notify to include paging functions if that was required. An example call would be:

1 - Call comes in to main phone line and gets an auto attendant. They select (1) to go to the tech department.
2 - The caller is placed on hold, and phones in the 'tech department' group ring
3 - The techs are all busy and the caller is given the option to continue to (1) keep holding, (2) leave a message or (3) divert to operator. The caller selects 1 to keep holding.
4 - The techs are still busy, so the caller is given the options again. The caller is fed up so selects (3) to divert to the operator.
5 - The operators phone rings. If they don't pick up, there is a voice mail box.

Alternatively:
4) A tech pics up. The call is connected or
4) No tech picks up, the caller selects 2 and gets a voicemail box.

Just to be clear, I've got a Mitel 3300 CXii

Thanks again for the quick response.
Cheers,
Andrew

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Newbie Question about Functionality
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
Not saying there isn't a way to do this with embedded voicemail, but I do know that is is a functionality that NuPoint has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Andrew W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »
Sorry for the ignorance, but is NuPoint a totally different product or a module I could add on?

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »
I think you could do it with the MLAA, my method may not be the best or cleanest but I am working off the top of my head
(quick note, i do my MLAA different to the help files because I run multiple AA that aren't interconnected, I work for a big business that does not want to spend money on the proper solutions)

create the first VM Mailbox as a menu node (eg 7001) and setup the mailbox by calling the voicemail system dial * and it should ask you for the mail box you want to setup, dial 7001 and setup as per instruction
create the second VM Mailbox as a menu node (eg 7002) and setup the mailbox by calling the voicemail system dial * and it should ask you for the mail box you want to setup, dial 7002 and setup as per instruction
create the third VM Mailbox as a message (eg 7003) and setup the mailbox by calling the voicemail system dial * and it should ask you for the mail box you want to setup, dial 7003 and setup as per instruction
create a voice hunt group with the same extension as the first mailbox
create a voice hunt group with the same extension as the second mailbox
create a ring group (if not already created) (eg 7004) with the tech group as members, setup the overflow to the second mailbox number with appropriate timer
create a VM Mailbox as a transfer only with the same extension as the ring group
setup call rerouting on the first and second mailboxes (eg 7001 and 7002) to the voicemail pilot
in VM Multi-Level Auto Attendants setup the following
 on 7001 menu option 1 to the ring group 7004
 on 7002 menu option 1 to the ring group 7004
 on 7002 menu option 2 to the mail box 7003
 on 7002 menu option 0 to the operator extension

you will then want to create a dummy single line key on a phone some where with the same extension as the message box (7003) then you can create a message waiting indication button to 7003 on the techs phones
expand as required and test by calling the first mailbox extension (eg 7001)

I am sure I have missed something, but it should set you on the right path

-edit- added mwi notes
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:21:16 AM by ghost »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
Sorry for the ignorance, but is NuPoint a totally different product or a module I could add on?
Nupoint Voicemail is a stand-alone server or part of the MAS (Mitel Application Server) bundle and is a highly flexible and configurable voice mail solution. It can be integrated with most Mitel products, you would need to contact your vendor for pricing and more information.

Offline Andrew W

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »
Thanks for the advice everyone, we'll give Ghost's plan a crack while we are waiting on a quote for the MAS package with Nupoint.

:D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10