Author Topic: Inherited 36 MITEL 3300 IP PHones, but we have an Avaya VoIP System  (Read 1761 times)

Offline cryoitnetwork

• View Profile
Good Day.  We just inherited 36 MITEL 3300 IP PHones, but we have an Avaya VoIP System. To my understanding since the 3300's support SIP, will we be able to use these phones with our Avaya system? I would have to have to throw away 36 good IP phones. Any direction to articles or how to's would be greatly appreciated.

I already downloaded the various manuals and user guides from MITEL's site. I also found information on how to do the initial IP setup for the 3300's. I have not taken the phones back to HQ to attempt to just configure and see how things go. Again, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-CryoITNetwork

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Inherited 36 MITEL 3300 IP PHones, but we have an Avaya VoIP System
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »
What model phones are they? Mitel IP Phones operating using a proprietary protocal called "MiNet", it is not compatible with Avaya equipment. That being said, many models of the Mitel phones are dual-mode and can be flashed with SIP firmware and run in SIP mode, assuming your Avaya can do SIP they should be able to work, although the amount of integration and feature availability may be limited.

You might be best off to sell them on eBay or through other channels and use the money to buy some refurbished Avaya phones.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10