Author Topic: 5330 Phone in failover  (Read 6432 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
5330 Phone in failover
« on: November 26, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
I have seen a bunch of phone on my 3300 in FailOver and Set error  under Registration Reason. 

Could someone please explain what these both mean, and how to fix?   One of the phone in failover are having some issues with disconnects, etc.

Thanks

-Evan

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5330 Phone in failover
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
Failover simply means the phone switched from the Primary ICP to the Secondary ICP due to connectivity reasons... it lost contact with the Primary ICP and went into "failover" to the Secondary ICP. When it returned it will go into registration reason is "Forced" and it should do it on it's own when the Secondary Controller can reliably communicate with the Primary of the resilient pair. In a properly built clustered network environment this should not be service effecting to the user, except during the period that the phone actually switches controllers. To force a phone back, assuming the Primary Controller is operating properly, it can simply be rebooted or wait until the phone automatically switches back.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Re: 5330 Phone in failover
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
Thanks for the quick response!

After speaking with the user, she was not having issue with her phone, rather the person calling her was experiencing issues..

Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10