Author Topic: How to bypass main greeting  (Read 3231 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
How to bypass main greeting
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:45 PM »
If someone calls our school and the greeting comes, but if caller wants to bypass the greeting and just go straight to voicemail to leave a message without hearing greeting (bypass greeting), does anyone know how this can be done.  Is there a code or something that can be input?????

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How to bypass main greeting
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
What voicemail system are you using, the embedded Mitel Messaging, Nupoint, or something else?

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
Nupoint Unified Messenger, Mitel Applications Suite 3.0.113.0

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »
Is this using a Call Director application? If so, just define a shortcut/menu option to # (or something else) to go directly to the message center or directly to a mailbox, that is usually the easiest way.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
I hope I have understood your requirements corrently.

I dont have any experience with Nupoint (and as such there may be functions in nupoint that I am unaware of)

If you are after the option to jump to the voicemail box while waiting for the receptionis to answer the phone, you have 2 options I can think of in the 3300

You could use an ACD group and program up the ACD Path Interflow Dialing List. (please hold for the first availabe operator or press 1 to leave a message)

Or you could use the internal VM Multi-Level Auto Attendant (press 1 for to speak to reception, press 2 to leave a message)

then the configuration come down to if you want them going to the mailbox of an extenions or a virtual mailbox associated to the pilot number

You will also have more advanced options in the Prairiefyre products but they are proberly more than you require.

If you are talking about skipping the voicemail box greeting, sorry I dont have an answer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10