Author Topic: 53xx Phones Reset  (Read 3546 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
53xx Phones Reset
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
I am having a random issue. Randomly throughout the day different people's phones will reset & reboot when completing a call.  Not always the same people and seems pretty sporadic. Only seemed to notice it after moving from PRI to SIP trunks.

Anything to look at?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 53xx Phones Reset
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
Trying turning off ICMP redirects on the data switches.

Ralph

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
Sorry for long break in between response.... Done. Still happens.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
What level of software and switch and are the SIP trunks passed for compatability for the mitel?

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
On our side, this happens when we have the phone point to it's SECONDARY ICP controller in DHCP.  I believe the phone tries to contact it's primary controller after each call.  In our particular case, I forced our phones on a remote campus to use the secondary controller, because for some reason, when contacting the primary controller, the phone gets stuck at the HTML Apps upgrade screen.  So I had to install a firewall between the phones at that site, and the primary controller to block access.  Then I made dhcp send those phones to the secondary controller.  Phones come up now, but they spuratically reboot, usually at the end of a call.

check your IP Telephone Inventory (under maintenance and Diagnostics) and see where your phones are.  Verify your Home Element for the phone (in user and device config) matches what you are passing for ICP in DHCP.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
Switch is Dell 3548P, 3300 40.2.2.7_SP2

SIP trunks were certified by mitel.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »
On our side, this happens when we have the phone point to it's SECONDARY ICP controller in DHCP.  I believe the phone tries to contact it's primary controller after each call.  In our particular case, I forced our phones on a remote campus to use the secondary controller, because for some reason, when contacting the primary controller, the phone gets stuck at the HTML Apps upgrade screen.  So I had to install a firewall between the phones at that site, and the primary controller to block access.  Then I made dhcp send those phones to the secondary controller.  Phones come up now, but they spuratically reboot, usually at the end of a call.

check your IP Telephone Inventory (under maintenance and Diagnostics) and see where your phones are.  Verify your Home Element for the phone (in user and device config) matches what you are passing for ICP in DHCP.

We only have 1 ICP. But I did check and the home element is set correctly.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
Sounds like its something to do with the transfer of control back from the SIP provider to the 3300 (since once the call is set up all traffic bypasses the 3300) so maybe you need to do a wireshark trace and see what is happening at the end of a call?

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
I have had this issue myself, my cure was to upgrade to release 5 software. I was told that 4.2  had issues with sip and most were cured in rel 5.
Hope this helps, it did cure all my issues..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10