Author Topic: Inherited 3300 and no idea  (Read 1641 times)

Offline iphonekoto

• View Profile
Inherited 3300 and no idea
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
hi, i am a newbie, inherited a mitel product and no idea where to start. the former company that managed our system dont give us any information or booklet/manual nor a basic introduction regarding the mitel. my boss ask me if i can do certain procedure in our telephone system but i dont know where to start and where to go. i keep on reading articles but still i cannot manage to comprehend the system. i want to make a flow chart but dont know if i am doing the right thing. i have an idea about the asterisk system which is straight forward and less forms and procedures. but when i open the mitel... lots of lots of forms and procedure i need to understand. i am like a 486 computer in a i5 world, slow to comprehend and aside from that i have xchange and web that i am managing on day to day basis. but i know once i setup this mitel i am good to go....
please help me or guide me on how to get this procedure done.
right now the set up is like this... when you dial the direct line all phones will ring.. after office hours we have a auto attendant.. but please point where to start so that i can do this set up....
1. i want our hr dept to have a direct number (the one that i am getting from one of the trunk line.. do i mention it right?)
2. i want to have an auto attendant that will answer all incoming calls then have an option to redirect to the operator if the caller want that way.
by the way how can i access the admin mailbox....

thanks and i appreciate any information you can give to me.

Offline Ohiomtb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Inherited 3300 and no idea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »
The questions that you are asking will require much more information to answer.  What type of voice mail is the system using? If not embedded voice mail what version?  Is it 3-4 digit, what kinds of trunks do you have.  What is the software version of the 3300? 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10