Author Topic: OfficeLink is very challenging - suggestions welcome  (Read 3285 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
OfficeLink is very challenging - suggestions welcome
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »
Goal:  Initiate a call from my Andriod Mobile Phone to a member of staff listed on my UCA Staff Directory.  Or, initiate a call using UCA Web Access with dial back to an external phone # such as Google Voice or my Android Cell.

Status thus far:  Can control my Dynamic Status via Android, which is convenient, and I can initiate a call from my desk phone - but there is no dial back to the remote phone (mobile or Google Voice).

Environment:

Mitel 5000 running DB 5X
MAS 3.0
UCA 4.X
Latest Android Client
Web UCA

I have been working with one of the best Washington DC Mitel Techs (mitel direct) on how to setup OfficeLink and we are both struggling with it.  This seems to be a feature that's only lightly written about in documentation with little experience spread throughout the company on how to actually use it.  Very frustrating.

Clearly, there are many variables in the Call Settings of Android Client.  Here's what I have.

Extension Calling:

OfficeLink, AutoAttendant, Direct

I assume the answer is OfficeLink, but I'm not sure.

External number calling
Direct Dial

OfficeLink Device
Deskphone, Softphone, Sprint, Google Voice, Hotdesk

When I am on my mobile, I choose Sprint - but get nothing back.

Autoattendant Number

OfficeLink called number

My deskphone # ????

We do not do any kind of "hotdesking" on our system.  Our tech decided to play around with it by setting up a test hotdesk associated with my extension.  But no luck there.

The only thing I can do is command my deskphone to call someone internally or externally, but with no voice back to my mobile.

I think we are close to doing this correctly, and I don't think we need any further licenses, and according to the literature, our environment supports this procedure.

Appricate feedback.

Adam in DC

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
OfficeLink is very challenging - suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »
I have never done this on a 5000 so am talking from what I would check on an MCD system but should be along the same lines.

This functionality is part of dynamic extension so have you programmed your mobile number against your extension, effectively creating a personal ring group? Once that is done UCA needs to know the details for this so you will need to sync it, make sure to tick dynamic extensions only. Log out and back on UCA, this should now show another device to use when calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: OfficeLink is very challenging - suggestions welcome
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »
Pretty sure I did that already.  MAS UC Server is sync'd with the 5000.  All additional numbers show up in UCA Client, UCA Web and UCA Android.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: OfficeLink is very challenging - suggestions welcome
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »
We found it.  My Mitel Guy called me from the Road after he figured it out.  Buried in the help system of the DB Program is the section on the OfficeLink Assistant.  No one had ever setup Officelink in the 5000!

Here's the helpscreen:

This is located in System\Devices and Feature Codes\Assistants.

The OfficeLink Assistant supports the OfficeLink feature for Mitel Unified Communicator Advanced (UCA) v4.0. The UCA OfficeLink feature allows users to place calls, using UCA, from one of their ring group devices. Ring group devices include the devices configured for the user on the communications platform. 

Adding an OfficeLink Assistant on the 5000 allows UCA users to place OfficeLink calls from any of their ring group devices (including Mobile). If the OfficeLink Assistant is not present (or if using software older than 5000 v5.0), then UCA users can only place OfficeLink calls from their desk phone and UCA Softphone devices.

The OfficeLink feature is available from the UCA Web Portal, Mobile Portal, and Mobile for BlackBerry client interfaces. When users activate the OfficeLink feature, they must specify the following:

The number to call

The device to place the call from

The response from the Mitel 5000 varies based on the device the user has selected to place the call:

Desk Phone and UCA Softphone: The system immediately places a call to the specified number from the specified device. This behavior is also known as click to call.

External Device (Home, Mobile): The system places a call to the device the user selected. After the user answers the call on the device, the system immediately places a call to the specified number. This behavior is also known as remote click to call.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10