Author Topic: 5550 IP Console trouble after re-IPing the 3300  (Read 5392 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
5550 IP Console trouble after re-IPing the 3300
« on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
So tonight I had to re-IP a voice VLAN, changing the subnet from 172.16.0.0/23 to 10.110.132.0/22... That all went fine, 3300 (MCD4.2), Mobile Extension, UCA, 6510 VM, SpectraLinks, Extreme Network switches, etc., got everything working but the console is giving me headaches. The keypad comes online, so I ran the Configuration Wizard to set the new ICP address, and it communicated properly with the ICP but still is trying to connect to the old IP address as well as the new one, when it did the "Cluster check for additional ICP's" it still shows the original IP address (this is not a clustered system, and there are no entries for elements except the local one) as well as the new one and keeps defaulting to the old address as the Primary ICP and when I run the console it won't come up. So I went into the system configuration file that says plainly "DO NOT EDIT" and found the old IP address and replaced it with the new one and ran the console, now the console works... sort of... you can answer and make calls and use all functions of the console EXCEPT the BLF field shows all extensions idle all the time. What am I doing wrong?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5550 IP Console trouble after re-IPing the 3300
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:58:02 AM »
I've been down that path before - just without the BLF problem.
I'm think you have to de-install the console, verify that all files were deleted and then re-install.

I'm not sure about the current version but at one time when you de-installed the software it didn't delete everything so the old IP still existed after loading the new version.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 06:36:55 AM »
Check your setting in ICP/PBX networking

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »
I've been down that path before - just without the BLF problem.
I'm think you have to de-install the console, verify that all files were deleted and then re-install.

I'm not sure about the current version but at one time when you de-installed the software it didn't delete everything so the old IP still existed after loading the new version.

Ralph
Yeah, was kind of hoping to avoid this since they have a bunch of custom stuff setup based on user. But now I got a call from the customer that there is a one way audio issue on the console too... Might be unrelated but I swear that worked last night. Anyway, gonna grab a spare and head up to the site (it's about 60 miles away) and see if I can fight through it with tech support.

Check your setting in ICP/PBX networking
Yup, thanks, I had thought of that and there was an unused entry with the old IP address of the 3300, cleared it out and still didn't change anything.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
The answer turned out to be in ICP/PBX Networking, the old IP address was there and I changed it but apparently it doesn't actually take effect until a reboot... rebooted the 3300, then uninstalled and reinstalled the console software and all was good.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Yup, thanks, I had thought of that and there was an unused entry with the old IP address of the 3300, cleared it out and still didn't change anything.
[/quote]
Did you reboot the 3300 after you changed this setting? From memory when I had a problem like this before it wouldn't work until the system was rebooted,

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
Well I guess that was timing. Posted the answer whilst you were typing as well!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10