Author Topic: Mitel 5000 call answering feature  (Read 4505 times)

Offline offshoreET

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 call answering feature
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
I have been out of the phone system business for about 12 years and never had alot of exposure to the Mitel systems and need a little guidance. I have 3 extensions in a small room and trying to establish a call pickup, (reverse transfer) so you can answer any of these 3 phones from another extension. I do know that there is no hunt group programmed but I believe there is a default code for these systems that will allow me to do this. I tried dialing 4 and then the extension but I get a fast busy when I dial 4, so this feature is not default or has been turned off. This is a new rig and I don't have the rights to get into the software on the phone system as of yet. I would ultimately like to set up a hunt group for various extension but until that time I am trying to find a quick fix. Can anyone help me on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 call answering feature
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
You are correct that you should be able to dial 4 then the ringing phones extn number.

Try dialling 307 (Directory) then 3 for Features and start to spell out R E V E R S E on the keypad it should eventually match with the reverse transfer and show you the code on screen.

It may be your numbering range starts with a four so the installer has had to change the default Feature code to something else.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:57 AM »
Did you try using the Feature/Special Key then 4+EXT? A lot of systems use the flag "Require Special Key for features codes"

Offline offshoreET

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
Thanks for you feedback on my issue.

acejavelin- The phones in question are the GAI-Tronics Commander type. If you are familiar with them, they do not have a special feature key, unless you program the star or pound key. However, I went to the 5312 phones and tried your idea and after pressing the special feature key and then 4, it shows invalid on the display and gives a fast busy.

NTEDave- All of my extensions are 2xx.

I tried dialing 307 for the directory but it is also invalid and give a fast busy as soon as 3 is pressed. I also tried to use the special key before dialing 307 and got the same thing. I must assume that all of the feature codes have been turned off.

My next step is to get into the PABX and go from there. I have the capability of getting into the system now via ethernet and IP address. The login screen comes up and when I log in and the initial screen comes up, it never fully loads. I am getting a system error message, (xsl/uwi_RenderAppAreaSel.sxl, line 0) see attachment for full error message. I am trying to research this error. In the meantime, being hardheaded and determined to find the solution myself, I have turned off my virus protection and my IE pop up blocker as well as the security. I get a certificate error when I go the site via IP address but can continue on. The information I have states that I do not need to install the root certificate unless I just don't want to be bothered by the warning. However, I tried to install it just to be sure, but when I tried to download it while connected to the system it will not download. I get all the way to the save option and when I try to save it, it says the file can't be downloaded. So I am trying to find the mitel root certificate online so I can install it. I hope I don't sound like an idiot just yet, but this thing is eating my lunch, Ha Ha. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Offline offshoreET

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »
I forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 and IE 9.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:48:43 AM »
If you get into the system via it's Web Server it doesn't really tell you much, you need the Mitel System Administration and Diagnostics software to determine your feature codes, set up Hunt Groups etc.

Could you not save yourself a lot of time and get the original installers or a Mitel approved reseller to give you a hand and possibly supply the software?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10