Author Topic: MBG as SIP Proxy  (Read 4348 times)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
MBG as SIP Proxy
« on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:06 AM »
Has anyone used an MBG instance as a SIP proxy before? Eg. mid-call features, etc.

In the past I've had it running, and all has been ok, but for some reason it now seems that as soon as you point the 3300 to the MBG instance for it's SIP proxy, calls fail.
A tcpdump on the MBG server shows that the call comes back with a 404 response. The trunk registers ok, and I can't spot any difference between a tcpdump from the 3300 going directly out and the MBG in the middle as the proxy.

The end result is as below when you capture on the MBG:
|Time     | 192.168.xx.x                         |
|         |                   | 192.168.x.x     |                   
|8.167    |         INVITE SDP (g729 g711A g711U L16RTPType-121 te...hone-eventRT)          |SIP From: "X" <sip:xxxxx@provider To:<sip:yyy@provider
|         |(5060)   ------------------>  (5060)   |
|8.168    |         100 Trying|                   |SIP Status
|         |(5060)   <------------------  (5060)   |
|8.169    |         404 Not Found                 |SIP Status
|         |(5060)   <------------------  (5060)   |
|8.185    |         ACK       |                   |SIP Request
|         |(5060)   ------------------>  (5060)   |

It is quite odd as the trunk registers ok, and everything appears normal, but the 404 is returned upon dialing.

I'm banging my head against the wall, and just thought that others out there might be able to change my direction of troubleshooting, as I've been looking at it too much and now seem to have tunnel vision on the problem!

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: MBG as SIP Proxy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:26:30 AM »
Following up as I am still working through it.
If you run a SIP test from the diagnostics it comes back with "rport missing from Via header - cannot test"

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
We have 3 or 4 customers using MBG as sip proxy ,can you register the trunks direct from the MCD as a test ?
- we did have one problem where we could register from the MCd but not via the MBG and it was an issue with routing.

- Also Mid call features is currently broken on the latest MBG and MCD - is with the developers in Canada and should be fixed with next release of MBG due in November

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
We have 3 or 4 customers using MBG as sip proxy ,can you register the trunks direct from the MCD as a test ?
- we did have one problem where we could register from the MCd but not via the MBG and it was an issue with routing.

- Also Mid call features is currently broken on the latest MBG and MCD - is with the developers in Canada and should be fixed with next release of MBG due in November
Yep the SIP trunk registers fine directly from the MCD. This is the way it is currenlty running whilst I figure this out.

Am aware of the issue with the current MBG and SIP proxy, but it would at least be handy for it to register in the meantime whilst we wait for a fix!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10