Author Topic: speech delay on incoming calls  (Read 3547 times)

Offline marcustherock

• Contributer
    • View Profile
speech delay on incoming calls
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
hi all,

i have a client who we recently installed a mitel 3300 cx controller with analogue lines (isdn on back order)

the problem exists where incoming calls have a few second delay before the two parties can hear each other.

is there some advice on this? timers? i dont want to mess too much with the settings.

thanks in advance

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: speech delay on incoming calls
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Sounds like the trunks are waiting for caller ID.   
Check the COS of the trunks and turn off ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: speech delay on incoming calls
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
I have seen this in newer 3300 softwares with analog trunks as well (and one PRI, but that is a different issue that I think is related to something else with a certain carrier), the internal IP phone answers and there is about a 2 second delay before audio cuts though to analog trunks... The best I have found is to make sure the Line Quality Test is done and the result set on the lines accordingly, Caller ID is set properly for each trunk, and it get better but I have not been able to get rid of the delay completely.

Seems to have started in version 4.2, is still in the current software revision, and only appears on CX-variant platforms, I have not seen a single MX-variant with this issue. I opened a ticket with Mitel on it once, but got tied up on other issues and it auto-closed in the system, most customers have just gotten used to it and don't complain anymore, but it is annoying. Pretty sure I checked that COS for that option Ralph mentioned, but I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:28:07 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10