Author Topic: Bearing in mind I know nothing about MCD/3300  (Read 2178 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bearing in mind I know nothing about MCD/3300
« on: October 10, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
My sales director went to see a prospective customer, they have a 3300 CXi with around 20 IP phones.

The customer believes that calls are not queuing properly on the 3300, as in some people get through after ten minutes whereas other people get through after a minute (It's a busy doctors practice). They have call queuing messages apparently.

On a 5000 if you route calls to a hunt group and they are waiting for an agent to come free even if a queuing message is currently playing the call is still ringing to the group, is it the same case on MCD or is the call removed from the group to play the queuing message then dumped back in (I thought unlikely)??

I'm just wondering about this really as we are quoting to replace the 3300 with a 5000.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Bearing in mind I know nothing about MCD/3300
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »
On a properly configured 3300 a queued call will still be ringing to the group while the RAD is playing.
If an agent answers the call while the RAD is playing the caller will hear the RAD be interrupted by the agent saying hello.

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
I think the problem is in the staff level of the doctor not the config or platform. I am  sure that some people really do get handled in one min when there are few calls in queue or all of the calls are quick handles and not someone wanting to know why they can't come in right now! Everyone has to deal with those generally irrational people sometimes right?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:02:25 PM »
Thanks Ralph for the reassurance that MCD works how I thought it would.

Mattmayn, yeah, all you need is a customer of the customer complaining they have been on hold ten minutes when it's actually only two, then it becomes our problem that the system doesn't work right!

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
The thing I like to do is use the SMDR logs so I can say here is the call that claimed to be waiting 10 minutes but can show it was only waiting 90 seconds or the call did wait 10 minutes but other calls didnt cut in front but the receptionist was on an outbound call for 10 minutes to number XXXX meaning no calls were answered in that time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10