Author Topic: SDS Sharing  (Read 5313 times)

Offline eddiel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SDS Sharing
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »
I am planning to cluster 6 3300's running MCD 4.2 and I do not want to share all the forms. where can I adjust the share forms? And do I need to adjust the SDS form in every 3300 or just the master controller?

Thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: SDS Sharing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
You will need to set which forms are shared between the cluster, admin group, or only certain records on each controller. This is done on the SDS Form Sharing form.
Are these existing systems that already have data in them or new? If they are new is there any reason you are going with 4.2 over 5?

Also either way you need to plan this very well, ensure no clashes in numbers, take backups every step of the way, and double check everything as you go, as clustering  and sharing 6 systems could leave a very big mess.

I also assume that you have done the MCD advanced course so that you are covered by support in case everything goes horribly wrong?

Offline eddiel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
I just need to adjust the SDS form in the primary controller? and not the slave controllers?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
You need to set the forms that will be shared and not shared on all controllers.

Offline eddiel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
Thanks Marty

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:35 PM »
Actually, if you get basic Sharing to be working and share the "Shared Forms" form, you can make the changes on one controller and it will be pushed out via SDS to all controllers.

I actually recommend trying to share as much data as possible, it will eliminate future issues with Local Directory Numbers, if they are in use and you want to start sharing some of them, you have to delete every instance in every controller prior to doing that. The more you share (and is in sync) the less problems you have later. Also remember with resiliency, all aspects of the device need to be resilient... for example, if you have a hunt group that is resilient, it is best practice to have all members be resilient to the same controllers, and all keys be uniform. This also leads into sharing feature access codes, system speed calls, class of service, class of restriction, etc... everything on a station level should be shared if any resiliency is going to be implemented.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
I am with Ace on this one. If you have new systems I would share as much as possible, and depending on what kind of time frame/budget I would make changes to allow me to share the same amount on existing systems when I upgraded.

It makes life much easier when you do it right.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10