Author Topic: Specific Group Alert  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Specific Group Alert
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
Hello,

I am new to the Mitel 3300 and the customer is wanting to get Specific Group Alerts like they did on their Avaya system. I can not figure out how to get them to work.

I created a phantom multiline key and tried to create a Threshold Alert Key and it says:

The following error was encountered:
Threshold Alert is not allowed with ACDII feature

What is it that I have to get or set to make this feature work. I am not sure that I am even performing the steps correctly since there is no definitive programming for this feature in the help guide.

Thanks,

Steven

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Specific Group Alert
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
Try using a Generic Group alert on the phone.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »
Ralph,

Thanks for the reply, but the Generic Group Threshold Alert Key will not work as all of the agents are members of more than one group.

From what I have read so far it seems as though the only answer is to give them all Specific Group Alert Keys at this point, but not sure why it won't allow me to create a Threshold Alert Key on a Phantom Multiline Set.

The concept seems to be a simple one as you provide the ACD Agent Group Path > Alerting Device with a number to for it to alert [audible or visual]. The problem is that it is providing me with an error that makes no sense as I do not know what it would take to fix the problem.

What is this ACDII it is refering to? I am using ACD 2000 not ACD Express

How do I implement it? Basically what steps are needed to implement this feature on an ACD Agent|Superviser IP Set?

Thanks,

Steven

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:54:20 AM »
Threshold alert keys are left overs from the old SX2000 days.   It was used when turning a hunt group into an ACD path.
It's just isn't used anymore because the new style of ACD, ACD II - the one you're using now - superseded it.   
You have to use Specific Group Alerts if you want to see what's queued to a group.   
If you want to see what's happening with a specific path then you'll need to program a specific group that's only used in that path.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
Ralph,

Thanks a lot! You are a life saver my friend. I finally pieced it all together and figured out what needed to happen in my head.

1. I created a Specific Group Alert Key on each agents phone with a new Directory Number and set it to No Ring.
2. I then Added that Directory Number created in step 1 to the Alerting Device of the Agent Skill Group I wanted to monitor.
3. I then Added the Agent Skill Group to the ACD Path I want to "actually" Monitor.

The unknown issue I was having is that I created only a few Agent Skill Groups and used them in several ACD Paths, but your last post showed me the light on what I was missing.

Thanks,

Steven

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10