Author Topic: ICP has Lost Contact...  (Read 5303 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
ICP has Lost Contact...
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
I show a few logs that say

Heartbeat Server
Description   ICP has lost contact with (x.x.x.x:1915), network driver cluster pool free: 2990 and low water mark: 2761
Module   Main
File Name and Line Number   HeartbeatRecvTimeoutHandler.cpp;273
 Could anyone explain a little more on how to narrow down how this happens? What is considered the hearbeat server and what is 1915 mean after the IP? Any information would be helpful.

A few minutes after this log it shows the IP trunk link to x has returned to service.

what worries me this is after hours when bandwidth isn't an issue.

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: ICP has Lost Contact...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
Heartbeat Server is kind of a misnomer... it is a service in the 3300 that periodically "checks" its connection to various devices and services, when there is no response or a message is expected within a certain time frame, then it generates this message. My guess is the 1915 is the port it is using, 172.16.2.2:1915 would indicate it is trying to talk to a device at 172.16.2.2 on TCP (or UDP) port 1915.

It sounds like for some reason the link to a remove 3300 is being lost for a few moments, this could be the result of any number of network or hardware issues, from as simple as a bad cable to too many kids in the apartment building next door are streaming Crackle videos at 9PM and bogging out the area's bandwidth. Or this could be your IT department imaging mass numbers of computers after hours, totally bogging down the network momentarily. My point is that it's just an indication the 3300 sees something, but that in itself isn't much to go on, although you mention an IP Trunk Link is returned to service shortly after, look at that link (pings, traceroutes, etc) for anything unusual and check the logs in the remote equipment for indications of the issue.

That being said, sometimes the 3300 is a bit over zealous in it's logging, and you need to just ignore some stuff. If this does not seem to be service effecting, not getting worse, and not consistent, I would monitor it but unless something changes I probably wouldn't do anything at this point.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10