Author Topic: Call Attendant Message not working  (Read 3085 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Call Attendant Message not working
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
Using the Mitel 3300ICP (9.0.231). We had recently set up our phone system with a Call Attendant message on the main line.  We used  NuPoint call director to give the caller options.  A recording would come on give them the option to speak with operator, leave a message or dial an extension.

That Call Attendant message is no longer working.  The system is still in place because if you call the main line and no one answers, you receive the message. 

How can i get that message to come on immediately?

I was thinking by putting the phone system in night mode that would resolve that, but just not sure. 

Any thoughts?  Mitel previously set this up for us, but for some reason it stopped working.  I figure I would come here before I get them involved.

Thanks

-Evan

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Attendant Message not working
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:30 AM »
Do you know how to follow the call flow within the 3300 itself? Find where your call is ringing in and see if it leads to the pilot number of the NuPoint or not. If you call the VM from a phone without a mailbox do you here that greeting you are looking for?

This could be many different things, if you need more help than this give some more details. Like, the number dialed (last four is fine so you don't publish your number out here).

If you run the maint command "Locate Number (number I just requested)" tell us what that says as well.

Hopefully that makes a little sense.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »
I don't really know how to follow the call flow.

The main line ends in 8800.

Locate number 8800 results in ...The number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group.                 
We have also #8800 setup on the reception desk....The number refers to a 5224dm.

Locate feature extension #8800 results....
Active Features :                                                               
IP Device ID:   35                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 35 1                                                   
Extension : #8800                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Call Forward No Answer External : 7000                                         
Call Forward No Answer Internal : 7000                                         
Call Forward Busy External : 7000                                               
Call Forward Busy Internal : 7000                                               
Phone Lock: UnLocked                 

7000 is our voicemail huntgroup.
7890 is the Call Attendant/Call director mailbox

I am just not sure how the call is handed off to 7890 when the call comes in.

Thanks

-Evan

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
turns out system was not in day mode.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »