Author Topic: Set hunt group and now user has call waiting which she does not want  (Read 3294 times)

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
Hi.

I've set a hunt group up and pointed someones 1st alternative to reference to that hunt group. I'm not sure if this is the best way of accomplishing what I wanted but that's how I've set it.

All appears to be working as I wanted, although now the user says when she is on a call and someone rings her phone she can see the call waiting....if she leaves it it then forwards to the hunt group and the members of that hunt group can then pick up the call.

My question is, why does she get the call waiting now? she doesn't want it and wants it to forward stright to the hunt group when she is busy on the phone

Thanks

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
Re: Set hunt group and now user has call waiting which she does not want
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »
Well I think I fixed this by setting a new COS for the hunt group and changing a timer so it doesn't wait before forwarding

my problem now is that when it exhausts everyone in the hunt group (say they're all busy) it stops at the last one and doesn't trip over to the 2nd alternative (which is operator)....

I think this is because the last person in the hunt group for which it forwards to has a 1st alternative of another hunt group with which they're busy....

I could solve this if I could put the operator number into the hunt groups - but it won't let me

ideas?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »
Under call Handling=>Call rerouting

I can see my hunt group pilot numbers and they have the 1st alt set as reception, which is correct....so why when it gets to the end of the hunt group does it just get engaged tone?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
I don't think that you can call reroute a call that has already been rerouted. You may consider changing how this is configured. Maybe a ring group with an overflow point (you could set it to cascade ring) or ACD.

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
So even though the Hunt Group has it's own 1st alternative it won't use it because the call has been re-routed to the hunt group?

so if I use a ring group with cascading ring and say all users in that ring group are busy.... will it then forward to a 1st alternative of the user orginally dialled? or does the ring group have it's own 1st alternative?

I'm unfamiliar with ACD..... I'll read through the help on it, see if it will do what I want

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
ok - after looking at the ring group, this is probably the best way to deal with this... I've set them to cascase ring...

I like the option of having an overflow - so I've set this to reception

my only concern is that there's a queue timer, minimum of 5 seconds.... I don't want anyone queue'd - if all the people in the ring groups are busy I want it to go straight to the overflow point

have I misunderstood the queued terminology??

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10