Author Topic: Connect Mitel 3300 ICP to an Extreme Switch  (Read 3579 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
Connect Mitel 3300 ICP to an Extreme Switch
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

Guys,

I am having a trouble with mi ip phones that doesn't get an ip address from the dhcp server on the Mitel.
I created 2 vlan. Vlan 205 for Data & Vlan 207 for Voice. On the extreme switch where i trunk the Mitel i programm the switchport as Untagged Vlan 207 "voice vlan" and where the ip phones are connected it is tagged Vlan 207 "voice vlan". With this configuration the ip phones doesn't get ip address. The DHCP on the ip phones keep on Discovery.

When i trunk the Mitel to an Tagged Vlan 207 port i can see on the ip phone that the phone will use opition 125 and VLAN 207 Pri 6 6 ->DHCP: Releasing, but the ip request will stay in a loop. On the ip phone you will see that the phone will use option 125 but the DHCP will remain at discovery.

Can some one help me out what i can do?

I used the same configuration on a cisco switch and it works fine.

Thanks in advanced,

Gianni

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Connect Mitel 3300 ICP to an Extreme Switch
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
I believe onn the Cisco, when you designate a port has having a "Voice Vlan" you are essentially turning on LLDP, and the phones are getting the proper vlan information from LLDP, and then receiving the DHCP address from the Mitel controller once they switch to 207.

Two things I can think to do. Have your data vlan DHCP server give off the Mitel options, indication which vlan to switch to or read up on how the Extreme does LLDP and look to enable it.

I don't know anything about Extreme switches, so I can't help you much there. But this link, https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/download/dyn/EXTR_X350-T.pdf,  for Avaya talks about enabling vendor specific LLDP strings. You would have to do something similar for the Mitel phones.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Connect Mitel 3300 ICP to an Extreme Switch
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
Just a quick note.
Cisco switches do CDP, rather than LLDP.

They can receive LLDP information, but cannot send it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10