Author Topic: MITEL 3300icp LAN port drop after system boot 15min  (Read 5099 times)

Offline vito

• View Profile
MITEL 3300icp LAN port drop after system boot 15min
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:24 PM »
Hello

MITEL 3300icp LAN port drop after system boot 15min, all the Ip phone can't work.
But ASUII and the on board (6co+4ext) analog phones working fine.
BTW. Before the E2t card are installed, the system will automatic reboot while the LAN dropped after 20 min.

vito

Offline david

• View Profile
Re: MITEL 3300icp LAN port drop after system boot 15min
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 05:09:27 AM »
check if you have any ip address conflicts on your network then isolate mn3300 with only one ipphone connected to it and see if the problem happens again

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
Is the physical connection dropping? Meaning, do the ethernet status lights go out, or do they show connectivity still exists?

Some things I have had to do with weird issues:

1) Set the switch port the 3300 is connected to 100 or 1000 full duplex, then set the LAN port in the controller the same (do not use Auto Mode)
2) Verify that any VLAN tagging is being done at the switch level and not at the 3300 (if possible), or verify that the correct Voice and Data VLAN are configured in the 3300
3) Replace the patch cord to the 3300 with a new, pre-molded on (NEVER use a home made patch cord to the 3300)
4) Change switch ports that the 3300 is connected to
5) Although this doesn't seem relevant, database corruption can cause very unusual issues sometimes. Do a full backup of the system and then a restore or even a re-installation of system software (full backup, manual re-install, apply licensing, restore)

I have also seen a controller with a bad ethernet chipset, causing weird issues... but replacing the chassis (if you don't have a spare one) is a last resort.

Oh, and you could also do a wireshark capture of a port mirrored to the port that is connected to the 3300 and break the packets down and see of there is reason the traffic isn't flowing anymore, you might find an incorrect VLAN tag, IP address, or who knows what.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
Had issues with this and Cisco switches even when STP disabled on the Mxe - sends a bpdu packet on boot up and if the switch has bpduguard enabled will shut down the port.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10