Author Topic: NuPoint Auto Attendant LDAP Data Source for Extension Number  (Read 2213 times)

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint Auto Attendant LDAP Data Source for Extension Number
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to change the LDAP data source where NuPoint pulls our users' extension number for the Speech Rec feature.  The system appears to have been setup originally to pull from the "Telephone Number" field on the "General" tab in AD.  I want it to pull from the "ipphone" field on the "Telephones" tabe instead. 

On Nupoint Auto Attendant Data Source, I try to change the value in the LDAP SAA Default User Extension Attribute to "ipphone", (which should be the correct syntax for the field in AD) and force an update, but it doesn't change anything in NuPoint.  What am I missing here?  That field (LDAP SAA Default User Extension Attribute)  originally had a value of "extensionAttribute3", but when I query that in AD using Powershell, it doesn't come up with the Telephone number unless I add to the query "telephonenumber,extensionAttribute3".  If I query AD using "ipphone,extensionAttribute3" it returns the data in the ip phone field in AD, so I tried using "ipphone,extensionAttribute3" as the value in NuPoint but it still didn't make a difference.

What am I missing here?  Our vendor opened a ticket with Mitel 4 days ago and they haven't been able to come up with a solution for what I want to do.  I can't believe it should be that complicated.

I've attached a screen shot of how I think it should be set up to pull from the ipphone field, but it's not working.

Thanks!

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Auto Attendant LDAP Data Source for Extension Number
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »
No nupoint expert here but these are often case sensitive on other apps and my AD shows the ipPhone attribute with an uppercase P for phone as shown previously.

Offline wkgeorge

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Auto Attendant LDAP Data Source for Extension Number
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
Hi,  thanks for the quick reply.  I just tried changing the case it and it didn't make a difference.

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10