Author Topic: Main Line call in Options  (Read 2769 times)

Offline aduarte92

• View Profile
Main Line call in Options
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
OK, so i have looked left and right to find an answer to this question, we recently had some operation changes that made it so we no longer had a full time receptionist. In result to this, i was tasked with reprogramming the Inter Tel 5000 to give different options when someone calls.

Currently the options are to dial an extension, press 0 for operator, or press # for directory.

We want to be able to change that to say:

Press 1 for Administration, 2 for HR, 3 for etc... etc..

Does anyone know how i would go about doing this with this system? I called Mitel and they said they can not help me because we do not have an account with them.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Main Line call in Options
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
Got to ask a few questions here before I can answer this, because it might make a huge difference...

1) Are you using internal, embedded voice mail?
2) Do you have the programming software and know how to get into the system and navigate around the basics?
3) Is your main number coming in on an analog Loop Start line, or T-1/PRI?

I will have a few more questions after these answers, but there are so many possibilities here I need to narrow it down before just spouting out an answer...

Offline jwhopper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »
Like acejavelin said, there are a few questions to be answered before a real answer can be given. One thing to keep in mind though is if you want the caller to be able to dial extensions from the CRA then you need to reserve the leading digit of your extensions for "transfer to collected extension" in the digit translation.

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
Once you've logged onto the system, go into voice processor, devices, applications.

Find the Call Routing Announcement (CRA) that you need to modify (simply dial the CRA numbers from any other extension on the 5000).
Click on the CRA and go into digit translation and config digits as required eg dial 1 - transfer to extension 1234, dial 2 transfer to extension 5678 etc etc etc
Whilst in the CRA go into the day or night greetings and make a note of the recording number eg 003, as you need to re-record the greeting.

From a phone dial the voicemail directory number eg 2500 ( message will be something like welcome, please enter a mailbox number to leave a message)

press *, enter voicemail admin mailbox number and password, 9,3,1 then enter recording number and follow prompts

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10