Author Topic: Paging from different Controller  (Read 3743 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Paging from different Controller
« on: August 20, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
We gave 3 Controllers in 3 different buildings.  Is it possible to do a direct page a paging group from one controller to another? 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Paging from different Controller
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
Yes.  You just can mix the page groups.

Easy way to do it is to dial the Cluster Element Access code then the page code and page group.  <CE><FAC><Group>

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
Yes.  You just can mix the page groups.

Easy way to do it is to dial the Cluster Element Access code then the page code and page group.  <CE><FAC><Group>

Ralph
Make sure you do it as a speed dial though, as otherwise the users will never get it right and you will have paging all over the shop!

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
Do I have to create a Cluster Element Code and Page Codes, I already know what the page group numbers are?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
Each 3300 in the cluster will already have a Cluster Element ID (CEID) that you can dial to get features across cluster members. You will also have a Feature Access Code (FAC) programmed for paging.
So for example your speed dial might be 4000 which points to 5001**91 - with 5001 being the CEID, **9 being the FAC for loud speaker paging on that system, and 1 is the group number.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 06:55:16 PM »
Actually I should correct myself, as I have just looked at my notes.

On the system that has the PA attached create a speed call (3000 for example) that points to the FAC for loud speaker paging (eg. **9#)
On the system that you want to page from create a speed dial that points to the SC created above on the remote system, but you have to include the CEID of the remote system. EG. 4000 (SC) points to 50013000 - with 5001 being the CEID and 3000 being the SC on the remote system.

You must also check your COS for the IP trunk between the controllers to make sure that paging is allowed on the trunk as well.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
I've been looking, but can't find where the IP Trunks are for the 3 Controllers we have, might they be listed under a different name like(PBX Number/Cluster Element ID) under the Voice Network category?
I need to find them to be able to change COS  and/or COR.  Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10