Author Topic: Feature Key 9  (Read 3392 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
Feature Key 9
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
Quick question.

I have a site on 3.2.4.54 and I am making a bunch of changes to their keymaps in order to make them more consistent with the rest of our sites.

Because of our setup its necessary to make the transfer key do a transfer to hold instead of transfer to ring. On our 5.x systems I just click the key map entry for button 9 and change it. On this specific site it wont let me change it, doesnt even give me that option. I can change all the other keys just not that one.

If I cant change the button is there a way to system wide make all transfers become transfer to hold instead of transfer to ring?

Thank you so much.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Feature Key 9
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »
Quick question.

I have a site on 3.2.4.54 and I am making a bunch of changes to their keymaps in order to make them more consistent with the rest of our sites.

Because of our setup its necessary to make the transfer key do a transfer to hold instead of transfer to ring. On our 5.x systems I just click the key map entry for button 9 and change it. On this specific site it wont let me change it, doesnt even give me that option. I can change all the other keys just not that one.

If I cant change the button is there a way to system wide make all transfers become transfer to hold instead of transfer to ring?

Thank you so much.
Hmmm... what kind of phones are you using? On the Mitel 5340 this is the Message button, I remember there being something weird about that button in earlier software versions, you couldn't change it.

I don't have that specific version installed on my machine right now, but I tried it with 3.2.4.59 and was able to change the buttons with no issues, although I was offline and not connected to a real system. This version of DB Studio is compatible with your system, if you don't have access to it, let me know and I send you a PM on where to get it.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
Key 9 is the standard transfer key. Phone type is 8528. When I click it, it does nothing.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
I was able to do this with no problem, I just clicked the "Selection" field for key 9 and typed in 346 and pressed enter and it changed just fine. I don't think in the older software you can click the actual button, you have to change the fields on the right hand side.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:11:32 PM by acejavelin »

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »
Huh, yeah thats exactly what I am trying to do. Most of the other buttons allow me to change them just fine this same way. A few seem to be "locked" out.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
Hmmm... wonder if it's a bug in 3.2.4.54, I can get you 3.2.4.59, it is compatible with your system release and might fix it up, just let me know and I will shoot you a PM on how to get it.

You could also try opening a DB offline and see if it will let you make the change, if it does, save it and then restore it at your earliest convenience.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:10:25 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10