Author Topic: Stopping voicemail allowing extension dialing  (Read 2402 times)

Offline austi

• View Profile
Stopping voicemail allowing extension dialing
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »
Hi,

I have been hunting for a solution to this for days and rather than randomly changing settings on my 3300 I thought I would ask for some advice.

We are using MLAA to direct calls on our main switchboard number which works fine.  The issue we have is that once a menu option is selected and the calls is transferred to the relavent person/department their voicemail name is played.  We don't mind this, but during this phase the voicemail system appears to let the caller dial any extension, therefore if they are impatient and hit a button multiple times we get strange routing issues.

For example, option 4 diverts to our payroll team.  During the "You are being transferred to payroll" message if the caller continues to hit 4 the call actually gets diverted to ext 444 rather than our payroll team.

I have set "allow transfer to any number" to false but this has made no difference and I can't see any obvious settings on the COS on the VM ports to stop this happening either.

Is there a way to stop the voicemail system allowing callers to dial any extension during these periods of speech?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping voicemail allowing extension dialing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
I'm going to have to try that in our lab.   Never heard of this one before.
It won't be a COS option so if there is a solution it will have to be found in the embedded VM itself.
The only thing I can think of is perhaps turning off the transfer message.  - and then I'm not sure if we can do that.
My bigger concern here is that if the VM allows you to dial any extension during that period then you may have broken your toll fraud security.
I'll try to take a poke at it latter on today.

Ralph

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping voicemail allowing extension dialing
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:24:23 AM »
I played with this some.   I see the problem but I don't think there is a way to stop it.   Once you interrupt the name prompt you can dial another number.   The good news is you can't dial the restricted numbers: i.e. '9'.

I don't see a way to stop this.   I thought I may of had a doc for changing the transfer options but I can't find it so I'm not much help there.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10