Author Topic: New Rollout  (Read 5588 times)

Tornado

New Rollout
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:04:39 AM »
Hi Guys,
We just had delivered our equipment for our VOIP rollout, consisting of 3 x 3300cxi's and 1 x 3300Mxe, around 30 HP switches, Enterprise Manager, CCM, External voicemail and Call accounting, 5212's, 5224's, 5330's and 5340 handsets.

All is going ok considering the reseller had not configured everything correctly. One of our suprises was that we were not using the Mitel Voicemail.

Thus the question our provider was unable to answer - Is it possible to re-program the message indicator button to dial our external voicemail hunt group? Surley there must be a few people using external mail, and its confusing the hell out of our staff, we have programed one of the buttons to dial the voicemail but would make it much easier to just press the key with the envelope on it!

Thanks for any asistance.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: New Rollout
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
Tornado,

I far as I am aware this button cannot be re-programmed this is a feature key for the phone. The reasoning behind this is that this key is not only used for voicemails but also using the functionality of call backs messages from other users. Now if the re-seller setup the voicemail correctly, when the user has a voicemail the message key flashes, it should when pressed show you who called with the option to call the voicemail system.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:38:28 PM »
I'm not sure by what you mean as an "external" voice mail.   I assume you mean it's not the embedded.  Perhaps something like a 6510 or Mitel Mail.   

We've interfaced with a lot of non-embedded vm and the light works fine.
What VM did you actually end up getting?

Raph

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:48:14 PM »
If the MWI light is flashing you can pick up the handset and press the message button and it should call voice mail.

You might be able to reprogam the button with the HTML toolkit if the phones are 5330 and 5340s.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
  Is this the annoying - Press the key and have to press 2-3 softkeys to actually get to the embedded voicemail box? 

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »
Nope if you are listening to dial tone and press the message key when it is flashing it will call voice mail or whoever left you a callback message.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
  Hm, maybe I never tried it while off-hook......Will test next time I'm near a Mitel phone...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10