Author Topic: Is there a way to configure voicemail on a phone from 3300 ICP Mgmt console?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline AutoTech

• View Profile
I have a 5212IP phone which I can't get voice-mail working.

I would normally have the user configure their voice-mail directly from the phone, by pressing super key and going through Call forward options, this doesn't seem to be working anymore and I was wondering if there is a way for me to configure the voice-mail on the phone from the Mitel 3300ICP Management console?

I have checked the extension through the management console and can see that voice-mail options are all configured the same as a phone that voicemail is currently working.

Any help is much appreciated   

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
What version of software are you running?
I ask this because in later versions you can go to "call forwarding profile" form and do stn forwarding from there.

Now I'm assuming what you mean by the user not being able to set up they voice mail is that they can't forward to voice mail.  Is this correct?
On most of the systems out there, you can go to the "call rerouting Assignment" form, look up their extension and put a '2' under the call forward 1st alt field.   This is a common way as setting up forwarding for extensions.

Ralph

Offline AutoTech

• View Profile
Hi Ralph,

Many thanks for the quick response.

The software version is 7.1.3.4_2.

Yes you are correct, we cannot forward calls to voicemail.

I have set the call rerouting 1st Alt to 2 and have asked the user to test.

Thanks again

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Note that "2" is just system defined table, not a hard route to VM. Depending on the tech and how the system was setup, the correct entry might be 2, 3, 5, 10, or whatever... Best bet is take an extension that has working voice mail and make the Call Reroute 1st Alternative entry the same as that one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10