Author Topic: Cannot transfer external outgoing calls  (Read 6391 times)

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cannot transfer external outgoing calls
« on: June 29, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
 I am trying to connect 2 external numbers using mitel 5312 phone on a 3300 system.
User guide says to hit transfer button, input number to be transferred to and hang up, however when i hang up im cutting the other people off.

it should work like this:

Agent (using mitel) > calls customer > Agent transfers customer to 3rd party > Agent hangs up to make a new call > customer & 3rd party continue call together.

at the moment i get to a stage where the agent transfers the call, all 3 parties can communicate but when the agent hangs up the connection between customer & 3rd party is lost.

how do i allow the agent to terminate the call, but allow the other 2 parties to continue talking?

any help greatly appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Cannot transfer external outgoing calls
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:54:09 PM »
If you are sure this is a 5000 and not a 3300 then it sounds like you are doing a CONFERENCE, not a transfer (the 3300 can do it this way)... You cannot just drop out of conference and leave the other parties connected, if you are doing a transfer you should not be able to get all three in the call the same time...

It should go like this:

Well on the first call, the agent presses TRANSFER, then 8+<number>, when the other party answers they can announce the call and then hang up and the initial party should be talking to the destination. At this time the Unsupervised CO system timer kicks ina nd will drop the call when it expires. At no time should be agent, caller, and destination be able to all talk at the same time.

Offline JSD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »
its definitely a 5312 phone on a 3300 controller, normally if im doing a conference call it will say 'conf' on the phone display (iirc) and to do this you press the transfer button twice?

at the moment we dont dial 8? what is the purpose of dialling 8 first? i normally dial 9 for an outside line before the regular phone number.

thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:57 AM »
Ah!!! I see now, this is on a 3300 controller and NOT a 5000 controller, that is a completely different animal and belongs in a different area... The 5000 area is for the Mitel 5000 CP controller, not specifically specific lines of phones. I will move this to the 3300 discussion area and hopefully you can get the assistance you need.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:11:31 AM by acejavelin »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:38:09 AM »
As far as I know your method will only work for internal transfers.

You can do an external transfer and use Two B channel transfer but I'm noy sure this is suppoprted on Euro ISDN. And its only supported on embedded ISDN.

You could do it by conferencing but as you note the agent will at some point be able to talk to both parties and you don't want this. However you may be able to do it like this..

In call press trans conf, dial other number and then press trans/conf again and the hang up. I have never tried it but it may work. Alternatively try this

In call press trans/conf, dial other number and wait for answer, immediately press trans conf and then hang up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10