Author Topic: New category - How To's  (Read 3659 times)

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New category - How To's
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
I am new to Mitel Forums and there is a wealth of information here.  There are a lot of fixes and how-to's but you have to do some digging.  Most of the issues I have experienced as a Mitel design/field engineer has been because of incorrectly installed equipment.  Manuals are good up to a point which is basically lab environments.  Is it possible to have a sub category for each system type for how to's?  For example, Under 3300 there could be a service category and install category.  Same for 5000 and applications.  Over the years I have personally compiled quite a bit of information that is not in manuals but must be done in order for a successful installation.  Could these sub-categories be possible?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: New category - How To's
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
Well...
I kinda of have that.
www.mitelforums.com/articles/

I'd be happy to set up any additional categories that would be useful but I'm thinking that when someone wants to know how to do something they generally ask on one of the boards that already exist.

The other half of the issue is actually getting someone to put the "how-to" together as an article so I can put it up.
If you're willing to share I'd be thrilled to create separate categories under the article sections.
I'd like to see one for the 5000 and MAS etc.

Ralph

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
What in particular are you looking for in that configuration?  The integration between the two is the easiest part.  MAS configurations and 5000 configurations are the struggle for most, but the two running together are pretty simple. 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »
Any how To documents would be great.   
Something like:  how to change the time in the Mitel 5000.
How to do:  bla bla MAS NuPoint.
Anything at all on the 5000 since right now I have nothing.
Actually, the only thing I really have is for the 3300.

Ralph

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:30:20 AM »
Yea I can accomplish that.  I tell ya what, Ill start compiling my notes into a more "user friendly" state so un-certified users can understand and send them to you.  You can then determine if you want to post it or not.  Changing time on a 5000 is no different than changing time on an Axxess.  The version can play a roll as well as NTP settings and DST settings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10