Author Topic: ICP is external IP  (Read 1928 times)

Offline lion147

• View Profile
ICP is external IP
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »
Hi:

I'm new to Mitel and have inherited a Mitel installation. So, these questions might seem beginner.

I've noticed my internal Mitel phones are connecting to our voicemail/teleworker server's external IP address (appears as the ICP address when a phone starts), which is using up valuable firewall licenses (the connection must pass through the firewall to the external IP). Is this a normal setup or perhaps misconfigured?

I can understand a few teleworker phones connecting to the external IP, but not all of them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:57:48 PM by lion147 »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: ICP is external IP
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
The only reason that an internal phone should be connected to your teleworker server is if it's doing call recording and using the Secure Recorder Connector (SRC).
Even then, it isn't normal to be connected to the external IP address.   It should be connected to the internal IP address.

Ralph

Offline lion147

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Thanks Ralph:

Is this "Record-A-Call", which appears to be disabled in all classes  of service, or simply logging calls?

Where could I check for this configuration?

Thanks again.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
You'd have another non-mitel server on your network for record a call.   Could be running a service called "Oaisys".
There are some others but I can't think of the names of them.  But they're not Mitel products.
If you don't know if you have one then chances are you don't.  You should be able to simple default the phone so it's not pointed to that server any more.

Ralph

Offline lion147

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:15:12 AM »
Thanks Ralph:

I found the problem, most of our phones have a remote teleworker profile on them. Once I delete that (we don't use it) the phones connected to the internal address.

Thanks for the pointers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10