Author Topic: Your Experience with Clustering and Clustered environments  (Read 2160 times)

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
I'm currently working pretty closely with Mitel's pro services on moving our mid-sized Mitel 3300 network totaling just over 40 switches to "cluster"s.  The task right now is pretty daunting.  Our set-up was pretty basic, in fact, most of our 3300 MXEs replaced SX-2000 Light cabinets as their main control (the cabinets are still in place serving as peripheral nodes/DSU nodes).  Everything is and has been routed via ARS and most (certainly not all) of our COS/COR, FAC and other system forms have been fairly standardized over the years.  (I mention this as we do not currently utilize SDS, because some locations are just different from others) 

We share a local exchange range (867-XXX-0000 thru 9999) with another entity and though its broken down into some blocks for us and some for them, we've been in business a long time and as you all are I'm sure quite aware over time logical ranges break down and a specific DID goes here, another goes there so on and so forth.  Basically what I'm getting at is YES our ARS is pretty daunting...(one trunking switch has 85 pages of the ARS Digits Dialed Assignment Form, and yes its pared down!)

I don't have any experience with Clusters or a clustered environment in general, so this project is a little daunting.  I'm having to assign telephone directory entries for each and every routed extension in my network which I'm dodging by typing this forum post  ;).  Can anyone here provide insight on experience with setting up, programming and using clusters?...specifically, how has it benefited you and have you had trouble with it?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:08:37 AM by ralph »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Your Experience with Clustering and Clustered environments
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »
Well, the best thing will be when you add an extension somewhere in your cluster the controllers will share that info with each other and you won't have to build an ARS route for it. Another is you should be able to reduce that digits dialed form down to a couple of pages (assuming that most of your entries are indivual entries routing from controller to controller.

If I was already making major changes I would seriously consider making all of the COS and FAC entries match. This helps with admin later on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10