Author Topic: New Buyers Guide  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Starblazer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New Buyers Guide
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:12 AM »
Hello All,

I'm interested in getting a 3300ICP for my house to take advantage of a whole pile of 5220s that I bought off of fleabay.  I want to be able to have key system functionality, and the SIP solutions I have seen do not work reliably with the 5220 dual modes.

My main question is this:

What do I need to look for?  What kind of questions do I need to ask?  How do I find the licensing on a unit?

For the record, I have 8 5220s.  Capability wise.... 5 sip trunks at max.  I've already got the PoE switch.  I just need some SIP or MiNET magic that gives reliable key system features.

Thanks in advance!

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: New Buyers Guide
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:06:50 AM »
My tip would to be heading back to fleabay to keep an eye out for any systems that might come up on there.
Given that you are only after running 5220 handsets you can probably just keep an eye out for an old MX or CX and it wont need to be running any of the latest revisions, version 8 or 9 would do the job.

Offline Starblazer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
is there any other cavets I need to keep an eye out for?  Licensing?  etc?  Most sellers selling 3300s just list the technical specs and nothing regarding licensing.. and the last thing I'd want is to buy something with nothing on it.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
You'll need to be sure the system has a sys ID.   What happens is a system will be upgraded to the latest version so their hardware will be obsoleted.   As a part of upgrading the system ID is removed.  Without a sys ID the system will not run.

I also believe, technically, you need to register your system with Mitel and have the licenses assigned to you.   That is, if the system has licenses.

Ralph

Offline lavrai

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
I'm afraid any second hand Hardware cannot be sold with any licensing on it, as the owner of the hardware does not own the licences.
If Mitel find out that has happened they will delete the system from the AMC and it will not be able to be licensed again.

Offline Starblazer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
So, I got my hands on an old CX system....  this is what the options read... now I have a question.. I see that it says analog line licenses 0... does that mean that the ports on the back on the unit are worthless?

Thanks,

--cutcopypaste---

Purchased Options

IP User Licenses:    29
  ACD Agent Licenses:    7
  IP Device Licenses:    29
  Mailbox Licenses:    55
  Digital Link Licenses:    1
  Compression Licenses:    8
  SIP Trunk Licenses:    0
  Analog Line Licenses:    0
  SIP User Licenses:    0
  XNET Networking:    No
  IP Networking:    Yes
  Voice Mail Networking:    No
  Advanced Voice Mail:    Yes
  Voice Mail Hospitality/PMS:    No
  Tenanting:    No
  MLPP:    No
  Remote Management:    No

Offline MitelUK2010

• View Profile
New Buyers Guide
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »
The ports on the rear do not consume a licence. It's relating to using the likes of an ASU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Starblazer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
Awesome.  I've got a busy night ahead of me trying to figure out the rest of this system.

Offline Starblazer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
Side note... is there any easy way to wipe the configuration and not wipe the licensing in the process?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »
If you have a blank db for that release you can restore it and there will be a check box giving you the option to use the current licensing on the system not the one in the backup file.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10