Author Topic: software needed Mitel 3100  (Read 7641 times)

Offline miro212

• View Profile
software needed Mitel 3100
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
HI. I'm looking for software for my mitel 3100. HDD went down and we don't have installation CD any more because our system is 12 years old and CD lost.
I found latest software (3100 ICP, Release 4.1  80.0MB) at this website http://edocs.mitel.com/default.htm but they want me to pay 250$ for membership and this is bit much for so old software. Do anybody have this software and will share with me ? Maybe some link to download or ftp ?

Kind Regards
miro212

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: software needed Mitel 3100
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:58 AM »
have you tried to boot without the hdd? I know it sound silly but there is a flash card in the PBX which has a golden image of software on it. The last time I had a HDD fail (a loooooong time ago) i removed HDD and rebooted ans system came back up. This gave me time to source another HDD & software without loss of service.

Offline miro212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »
Thanks for answer :)
Ill try to do it after easter :)
But do you know wheare I can download software and management tools ? As I said the CD is gone and we still have only 1 pc with windows 2000 which not work to stable so I would install admin tools on the modern pc

Regards
miro212

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
I also have a failed HDD, the firmware 'Golden' image does not appear to be on the flash card. Just the folder/filename, but this seems to have no file size, so i assume it has been corrupted or something. Its currently down. Has anyone got a copy of the firmware for the flash card, or a HDD image i could have? As miro212 said, the cost of the firmware is too prohibitive for this old unit, but we are a very small company I need it up and running to limp along till next years budget.
thanks all.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »
I think I actually have a copy of this, full CD image and documentation somewhere in an external HD at home... I will look late this evening and post it up if I can find it!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »
I do indeed have an iso image but it might not be original, think it is a collection of stuff I had on CD years ago of the Mitel 3100 system software, client software, SysTool Help, Tech Handbook, GIG, etc. for version 4.1.20.0 up to Patch P6... Uploading to DropBox at the moment. If you need this please PM me, I will not post a link to it publicly.

BTW, I need more DropBox space to host my manuals and files for Mitel, Inter-Tel, ESI, and various other documents and files... help my by signing up for a FREE DropBox account via this link: http://db.tt/3I4YxWTR then we BOTH get an extra 500MB of storage free!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:41:47 AM by acejavelin »

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
thats great thanks very much. i have just PM'd you. ;D

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
 :) Thanks very much, i have downloaded it and I'll try it and let you know how I get on. I seem to be having issues with the maintenance terminal connection using hyperterminal and win7 at the moment as there is no response.
Have you details of the RS232 lead wiring by any chance, the tech handbook doesn't really detail the wiring as such. I want to check i have made it correctly.
A customer has a 3300 cxi sitting on a shelf, i'll make an offer as it may be an easier solution.  ;).

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 05:45:47 PM »
:) Thanks very much, i have downloaded it and I'll try it and let you know how I get on. I seem to be having issues with the maintenance terminal connection using hyperterminal and win7 at the moment as there is no response.
Have you details of the RS232 lead wiring by any chance, the tech handbook doesn't really detail the wiring as such. I want to check i have made it correctly.
A customer has a 3300 cxi sitting on a shelf, i'll make an offer as it may be an easier solution.  ;).
I have nothing more on the RS232 port unfortunately... what kind of issues are you having? I don't use Hyperterm in Win7, only TeraTerm http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/

But I would definitely go the 3300 route it possible!

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
RS232 port now working, thanks. My fault, got the leads mixed up with a NULL modem lead - Labels needed I think :P

Acejavelin - took your advice and I've managed to get the 3300 Cxi on a 'try before you buy' basis, but no one knows the password as usual. SWrevs shows version:
-> swrevs
Software version: 9.0.2.31_1
System relink: No relink has been applied.
Call Control relink: 39.0.2.17_SP5
value = 14 = 0xe

Anyone know how to reset the password? Ive read most of the threads I can find and none of them seem to work. (except the delete usrprfle.db file, not sure about this route as technically its still owned by the customer).

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
PM sent with more info...

Offline worcs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »
Thanks everyone for all for your help.
I purchased the 3300 from our customer in the end as it was the quickest / easiest option. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10